Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fatcat4484

Playback error no video just audio at times

My Roku is giving me a playback error I have tried rebooting the Roku restarting my router checking my Internet connectivity disconnecting the power to the TV and the Roku this is happening on Paramount plus Roku TV to be FilmRise I have multiple Roku devices and it is happening with all of them when I do get it to work I’m able to see my home screen but no video of commercials or programming on these channels come upPlease help me figure out what is wrong

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
CursedLattice
Channel Surfer

Re: Playback error no video just audio at times

I have a similar issue and what has worked for me is to watch something on YouTube. Then for some reason the other apps start to work normally. Not sure if it will help you but works for me

lmcc86

I have the same issue but only on one of my Roku streaming devices, it is my newest device. I have done all the things that has been recommended on the various blogs. It is very annoying.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sfrazilus

Thank you. The YouTube trick worked for me

0 Kudos