Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ensignm
Level 8

New interface - I hate it!

Jump to solution

I used to think that the ROKU menu was the best in the business.  Everything was easy to find, recommendations for viewing were applicable, etc.  However, this latest version is awful to me.  There is nothing that tells me I have shows waiting to be watched and I have to do too much drilling into each show to find out what is available.  Right now, I much prefer the Apple interface.  I hope that Roku fixes the interface before Apple upgrades their TV and I move fully that way.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ensignm
Level 8

Re: New Roku interface - I hate it!

Jump to solution

Please ignore this post.  I complained about Roku and should have gone after Hulu.  My apologies. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What new interface? I don't see anything different with the Roku home screen. If you're talking about the UI within a channel, you have to ask whatever company provides it. For The Roku Channel, yes that is Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NotHappening
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just tried to open our Roku. ☹ Guess we will not be using Roku anymore.  We have had it for years and now we need to create an amount and give them a credit card or payment information.  NOT HAPPENING.  Want to throw it in the river. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@NotHappening wrote:

Just tried to open our Roku. ☹ Guess we will not be using Roku anymore.  We have had it for years and now we need to create an amount and give them a credit card or payment information.  NOT HAPPENING.  Want to throw it in the river. 

I have no idea what you are referring to. I just looked at my Ultra 4670, and the home screen looks the same as always. You already have a Roku account, so there's no reason to create a new one. Did your Roku somehow get factory reset and it's asking you to link it to your account? If that happened, you can just link it back up to your existing account. No need to create a new one. 

Try pulling the power for 30 seconds and then let it boot again. See if you are still seeing this new screen. If you are. I'd love to see a photo of it. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Ensignm
Level 8

Jump to solution

Please ignore this post.  I complained about Roku and should have gone after Hulu.  My apologies. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Ah, gotcha. I don't use Hulu so had no idea they changed their UI. 

Dan

0 Kudos