Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 13

Re: New forums?

So, when I came into work this morning, even though I hadn't closed the browser I still had to log in. I think overall that's acceptable, as that was a good 15 hours after my last activity on this computer, although I do wish the "Remember me" checkbox worked and saved at least my login email address. However, it's possible that the way our IT department has our browsers (and computers in general) locked down it may be that's the reason nothing is saved. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
37mediagroup
Level 9

I think the 'Remember Me' just isn't working overall. Worked on my laptop and on my desktop it works on many websites. Doesn't seem to on this one.

Also, is it me or is there no "Quote" feature, to quote a previous reply?  While sometimes it's overused, it can help singling out a specific part of someones post, or reply to someone 2 or 3 posts ago...............................

**Wait a second**  I just saw the "Quote" button in the reply post, lol.  Odd place for it, to be inside, but I suppose it works the same so nevermind.

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 10

I do notice today that it appears to be showing read posts as non-bold text. Didn't see that before. Now, we need to have the ability to mark everything as read without having to actually read everything. That makes it easier to keep track of new-to-me posts.

atc98092
Level 13

@andyross wrote:

I do notice today that it appears to be showing read posts as non-bold text. Didn't see that before. Now, we need to have the ability to mark everything as read without having to actually read everything. That makes it easier to keep track of new-to-me posts.

That's actually been working from the beginning, but it's not a visually obvious as it was on the old forum. Not sure if it's the font or the background that makes it a little more subtle. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 9

At least there's an option to view forum topics in a "printer friendly" format now. But looks like you'd have to select that format for each thread.

0 Kudos
bwaldron
Level 9

The "three dot" menu in the forum header bar has an option to mark all as read.

@andyross wrote:

0 Kudos
Markp
Level 9

I am totally confused with this new layout and all the pages load oh so slowly. Can someone tell me simply which highlighted blue topic heading will take me to the most recent general posts? Why operate on a healthy patient? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 10

@bwaldron wrote:

@andyross wrote:

The 3-dot header I see only has the option for "Subscribe".

RokuForum.jpg

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

@andyross wrote:

@bwaldron wrote:

@andyross wrote:

The 3-dot header I see only has the option for "Subscribe".

RokuForum.jpg

I think you're one menu too high. You have to drill down into each sub-section. 

Dan
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

"Powered by Lithium" has taken on a whole new meaning. I'm usually thinking about taking some 5 minutes after logging in (again).

I'll be glad when the celebration for the world's best forum is over, the fog clears, and somebody up the chain notices there aren't any users, investigates the reason and sits the forum team down around the big table for a little talk.

This place is unfit for purpose and that's about as nice as I can be about it.