Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffrok
Level 11

New forums?

Saw a post in May about new forum software coming in the "coming weeks"..

That was 2 months ago. Any updates?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
45 Replies
DubTaylor
Level 10

Re: New forums?

There are 52 weeks in a year and a week goes by every 7 days (pretty much forever). Was there any indication of which of the coming weeks was the target?

(yes, rhetorical, 'cause Coming Weeks means the same thing as Coming Soon, and we all know how painful that can be)
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Nah, no indication of when it would happen, but usually when someone refers to "coming weeks", that usually means weeks and not months, and it was just something I was curious about since these forums are a little lacking in certain features, and at times, spammy
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Yeah, the spam had died off for a bit, but now it's getting annoying again. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for checking in, @jeffrok

We're still working on creating a new & improved experience for our customers, so please continue to stay tuned. We'll be sure to message with additional updates when we're ready, and appreciate the interest! 

Please also continue to report any spam that you encounter and we'll make sure to continue removing any content in violation of the Roku Forum Guidelines. 

Thanks a ton! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

Well? It's different.

Haven't seen any spam yet.

I would like to know how to visit the last unread post in a thread. The forum is so new that info may 'appear magically'. I've found no earth-based solution at this time.

jeffrok
Level 11

Posts take up the entire screen on my phone.. wow. Definitely going to take some getting used to. I think it's going to turn into a purely troubleshooting tool instead of a conversation forum..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

@jeffrok wrote:
I think it's going to turn into a purely troubleshooting tool instead of a conversation forum..

I'm going to leave that one alone while you think about how silly a notion it is... lol

The thing seems to remember where I was in a thread, but the other one did as well, right up until it didn't any more... we'll see.

0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

This just in:

The New Forum doesn't remember me at sign in, nor does it remember the last post I read, or give me an option to go directly to the 'Latest Post' in a thread - which now seems even more important than ever...

atc98092
Level 13

@DubTaylor wrote:

This just in:

The New Forum doesn't remember me at sign in, nor does it remember the last post I read, or give me an option to go directly to the 'Latest Post' in a thread - which now seems even more important than ever...

Yeah, that's been brought to their attention. Hopefully they can move quickly to resolve these usability issues as we find them. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.