Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Level 11

Re: New forums?

This new format is horrible. Now I don't see any way to tell what threads I have read or not. Before, new were bold, and read were normal. Plus, as others have noted, it doesn't remember the login.

Highlighted
Williamt100
Level 9

Yes, a bit annoying having re-enter credentials and to confirm that I'm not a robot each time I attempt to access ...

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

@Williamt100 wrote:

Yes, a bit annoying having re-enter credentials and to confirm that I'm not a robot each time I attempt to access ...

... but it does kinda make me feel like a Robot - repeating annoying tasks again and again and again... hey, don't we have a Robot for that?

Smiley Wink

(at this point there is no spam, so even though I am slightly annoyed, let's hope the spammers are overly so. It will become tedious after a time, but I'm not unreasonable...)

0 Kudos
Vorgon1
Level 7

New system is horrible. We have 2 Rokus and because Roku refused to let us keep them seperate for setup on the same account. I had to put them on seperate accounts. So both Emails were valid. I tried to log in with the email I always do and now am LOCKED to that email. My user name is supposed to Vorg, but it now says that was already taken. And you can't log out and log back in with the other email without screwing around with deleting cookies. It doesn't give you the option for using the other email. So now I also won't be able to change settings for the other roku from web because I can't simply log out and log back in with the other email. So stupid....

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vorgon1 Signing out of the Community will only end your current session in the Community, and not your session on my.roku.com 

Device and/or account related settings can not be managed from inside the Community. You will need to visit your account at my.roku.com in order to do this. 

You'll want to sign out of your Roku account at my.roku.com, in order to sign into a different Roku account and manage any of your devices or settings on a second account. 

Hope that helps clarify! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
destruk
Level 10

As it is not immediately intuitive or clear, the gigantic search area isn't what you are looking for.  The top header of the page has some dropdown selection menus.  So basically the top horizontal navigation bar is the 'boards' of the community forum, and to get to the developer forum board, select developers and then Roku Developer Program or Roku Direct Publisher. I am still not clear on exactly WHY we had to be forced to use this system when other software packages for message boards have enhanced anti-spam settings available and could have retained an actual consistent forum layout that has been used for decades.

37mediagroup
Level 9

Most php forums are dying off. Granted, that's in large part to FB groups siphoning user base. Still, in 3-5 years its likely they'll fade.

I agree the categories don't seem as clear. It'll take time. At first it took me a while to find the Developer/DP section, but I suppose it makes sense to separate them.

I agree tho the spam was outta control on the old board, and unneccessarily so as other forums are never nearly that bad. Coulda been a nasty infection where they ultimately made the decision to put the thing out to pasture.

New boards great, it'll just take time to get familiar
joetesta
Level 10

yeah I'm a bit stunned, the old one had its issues, but is this an improvement?  hopefully it just takes some getting used to.

aspiring
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

@joetesta wrote:

yeah I'm a bit stunned, the old one had its issues, but is this an improvement?  hopefully it just takes some getting used to.

Going to take more than getting used to. There are definitely some refinements needed, such as a link to access the first unread message in a thread, or marking a forum as read. Some things were missed while testing, but hopefully can be addressed quickly. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
joetesta
Level 10

yes I got an Email with a link to this old post of mine; in that post I had linked to another forum post but that particular link is broken https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Developer-Program/Screensaver/m-p/404505#M26280

aspiring
0 Kudos