Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squirreltown
Level 9

New board format

So now we are logged out automatically for "security purposes" just like the Dev site and have to get redirected and log in again just to answer something here. Now you've made the job of all of us volunteers more difficult. Terrific.

But I earned 11 badges yesterday, so it's all even I guess. Smiley Indifferent

Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
12 Replies
cocotower
Level 9

Re: New board format

Another troubling feature is not being able to delete our posts.  Not acceptable, Roku.

I'm also annoyed to no end about being logged out of the development account every 5 minutes even while I'm working.  It's just short of completely p*ssing me off but because my browswer populates the login fields automatically I hang in there, hoping, wishing...  keep calm oh, developer, even though it seems nobody at Roku is reading and acting on these complaints, I think one of the more caring workers will recall reading this and remember it while he's clashing with the boss at the snack machine or at the urinal.  You can do it, man.  Be brave. 

Komag
Level 9

Plus private messages are not in a thread format, making reviewing a private conversation nearly impossible.

0 Kudos
speechles
Level 7

Ghost town. The new board format will create a ghost town and chase away their community. It is already occuring notice the lack of new topics? Listen closely you can hear the crickets and someone playing a sad song on the banjo.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

If you are getting logged off in a matter of minutes, it's something with your browser. Perhaps some plug-in. I've gone over 8 hours without having to log back in, as long as the browser remains open. You close the browser, you have to log back in. No different than many other web sites I've used over the years. Virtually all of my work sites are like this, and a couple of public forums that I use also will not carry a login over a closed browser session. 

It's just something we have to accept with all the stupid bots and spammers that try to hack in. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

There's nothing wrong with my browser.. same browser I used with the old forums.. Google Chrome for Android. Logs out multiple times a day, after checking the "keep me logged in" box..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Hi Jeff. There is no "keep me logged in" function like the old forum had. I wish there were. There's a "remember me" box, but that doesn't keep you logged in. It's just supposed to remember your login name. But that doesn't appear to work either. 

I'm using Chrome as well, both on my home and my work computer. I go all day without requiring a new login, unless I close all Chrome browser tabs. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Argh, you're right.

I hope Roku fixes this, or at least allows the cookie to stay alive longer than what seems to be an hour. I don't like logging in that often. I know, they're probably doing it to cut down on spam, but there's gotta be a better way..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 8

I think the RokuTV discussions should be unified with Community Discussions. Discussions are Discussions.

0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 8

Is there a way to reply to a thread in general? I can't seem to find anything but replies to specific commenters.

0 Kudos