Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Once Peacock launches what will happen to the existing NBC streaming APP?

Just out of curiosity, with Peacock streaming service starting in less than a month, I'm wondering what will happen to the existing  NBC streaming app? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Once Peacock launches what will happen to the existing NBC streaming APP?

@C_I wrote:

Just out of curiosity, with Peacock streaming service starting in less than a month, I'm wondering what will happen to the existing  NBC streaming app? 

I don't know for certain, but I believe that it will remain as a separate NBC app that you will continue to authenticate with your cable subscription for access.

Peacock will offer 15,000 hours of streaming content on the Premium tier and some limited LIVE TV for News and perhaps some Sporting events. What it won't provide is LIVE TV streams of all the NBC Universal networks (NBC. MSNBC. CNBC, SYFY, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, USA, Telemundo, Universal Kids, Universo).

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

More likely the present NBC app will merge into the new Peacock app in some way.  Or it will disappear like it never existed.  

Whatever happens, Peacock is the successor.to just plain ol' NBC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

@Iona-D wrote:

More likely the present NBC app will merge into the new Peacock app in some way.  Or it will disappear like it never existed.  

Whatever happens, Peacock is the successor.to just plain ol' NBC.

I don't think that will happen for quite some time.

Comcast does not want customers subscribing to Peacock for $10 a month and getting everything they do with a full cable subscription and cancelling. They want Peacock to be a free or less expensive ad-free option for existing cable subscribers to stay with a Comcast/Cox subscription. Any new subscribers outside of Comcast/Cox cable subscribers are a net new revenue stream.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

NBCUniversal’s Peacock strikes licensing deal for ViacomCBS movies and TV shows including ‘The Godfa... 

0 Kudos