Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bubba9000
Level 8

Re: New Channels?

Jump to solution

The status of this message should be changed to Unsolved and someone from Roku should answer why the Just Added category was deleted.

JMM1
Level 10

Jump to solution

"The status of this message should be changed to Unsolved and someone from Roku should answer why the Just Added category was deleted."

That makes sense.

davidjazz
Level 11

Jump to solution

I'm the OP and I can't change it.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 12

Jump to solution

you all raise many interesting points but look at it this way;  SO WHAT!!!

I'm sure the web is a better resource for new channels. It doesnt have to be from Roku's

site. Try Reddit. Any new Channel is going to want you to know they are there.

A lot of them are flunky anyways.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
jjnova
Level 8

Jump to solution

Because Roku has become more and more anti-consumer over the years. They have reached the point where they don't want you using the independent content creators, but instead want you to install one of their approved partnership channels. The Privacy Policy updates makes it pretty clear, and the New and Notable section hammers it home. 

0 Kudos
bubba9000
Level 8

Jump to solution

I haven't installed a new channel since Just Added disappeared. I received an offer of a $15 Express to replace an older model I'm going to pass on. I'm going to look at some other STB"s.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

No, there are plenty of "New" channels being released. They just have nowhere to get seen for release details anymore? I have had four released since the new and notable went away/ HOW are we supposed to market them? Ideas? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku Guide is now the best source that I have found! I hope they use this opportunity to get huge and take over the streaming guide market! We have had our channel listed there and they are the best! 

boogernose
Level 12

Jump to solution

Yeah either that or Roku.channel store.

The web is where its at.

People get so set in their ways...............

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
doesitmatter
Level 9

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

Yeah either that or Roku.channel store.

The web is where its at.

People get so set in their ways...............

Nope, that's not where is at.... Where it was at and where it belongs is in the channel store right on the TV screen.

I buy a device because I don't want to do things on the computer, on a tablet or on my phone...... That literally is the purpose of having a device.

But your postings tell us all one thing, no matter what Roku does you'll be here to cheer it and make excuses for it.... There's a name for that.