Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Missing Episodes of TV Show on Roku Channel

I am binge watching McLeod’s Daughters which is 8 seasons of TV on Roku Channel.  Season Episode 20 is missing.  Season Episodes 4, 5, 10, 15, and 29 were missing but found them at end of the same season (110, 111, 116, 121, & 135.  Season  6  missing episodes were 4 & 15 were also at end labeled 142 & 153.  Season missing episodes 1, 6, 14, 27, 30, & 31 were also at end of season 7 as 171, 176, 184, 187, 200, & 201.  This can be confusing since they are not correct order to watch but I can deal with this.  I can not find any way to ask the Roku Channel personnel to add the missing Season 2 Episode 20.   I know I can buy from another streaming channel but it would be more convenient to add to the series on the Roku Channel. If I has a second wish it would be wonderful to have all episodes in the order they originally aired.   Thanks for any information or suggestions.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Missing Episodes of TV Show on Roku Channel

Roku, as do all streaming providers, have contracts with the content owners to stream media. Those contracts don't always include all seasons of TV shows, or even all episodes within a season. It can be maddening, but that's the world of contract negotiations. The content provider, in this case Roku, can only stream what their contract permits, for the time period the contract covers. Series, seasons and episodes come and go. Sometimes they return in a new contract, sometimes they don't. We as end users have no control, but we can at least tell them which shows/seasons/episodes we'd like. I believe the Roku Facebook page might reach the best people for passing along the information, as this forum is more used for solving issues and problems. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Missing Episodes of TV Show on Roku Channel

Thank you so much for responding to my question

0 Kudos