Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chance32

Missing Episodes of TV Show on Roku Channel

I am binge watching McLeod’s Daughters which is 8 seasons of TV on Roku Channel.  Season Episode 20 is missing.  Season Episodes 4, 5, 10, 15, and 29 were missing but found them at end of the same season (110, 111, 116, 121, & 135.  Season  6  missing episodes were 4 & 15 were also at end labeled 142 & 153.  Season missing episodes 1, 6, 14, 27, 30, & 31 were also at end of season 7 as 171, 176, 184, 187, 200, & 201.  This can be confusing since they are not correct order to watch but I can deal with this.  I can not find any way to ask the Roku Channel personnel to add the missing Season 2 Episode 20.   I know I can buy from another streaming channel but it would be more convenient to add to the series on the Roku Channel. If I has a second wish it would be wonderful to have all episodes in the order they originally aired.   Thanks for any information or suggestions.

22 REPLIES 22
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Missing Episodes of TV Show on Roku Channel

Roku, as do all streaming providers, have contracts with the content owners to stream media. Those contracts don't always include all seasons of TV shows, or even all episodes within a season. It can be maddening, but that's the world of contract negotiations. The content provider, in this case Roku, can only stream what their contract permits, for the time period the contract covers. Series, seasons and episodes come and go. Sometimes they return in a new contract, sometimes they don't. We as end users have no control, but we can at least tell them which shows/seasons/episodes we'd like. I believe the Roku Facebook page might reach the best people for passing along the information, as this forum is more used for solving issues and problems. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Chance32

Thank you so much for responding to my question

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Chance32 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AliMel

Oh my god this totally confused me! I always  just press continue watching without looking at the episode number. The previously on bit at the beginning of the episodes kept mentioning things I’d not seen then suddenly Luke was out of prison, Nick was alive. Why aren’t they in the right order? I thought I’d been falling asleep and missing bits haha 

0 Kudos

We are currently trying to complete season 6 of Below Deck and there are more episodes than not missing. We look ahead to season 7 and it does not even start at the beginning of the season. Very disappointed as this is the first we have experienced this. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@HollieBells 

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, what channel are you trying to watch this content, and do you know what episodes are missing?

With more information, I will be able to notify the appropriate team to look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lilly101

Episodes Disappearing

Me and my siblings have bean enjoying watching Merlin every night. But the other night I went to re watch an episode in season 4 that we had watched just the night before but it was gon. Session four is now missing episodes 6, 4, 10, and who knows how meny after 11. W haven't eaven started season 5 yet. I checked some of the other earlyer sessions but I should sware there were more than 5 episodes in watch before.

Yhy are they disappearing? Do we have to worry about the rest of the shoe going before were done? Why doesn't it tell us if the show was going to be taken down if it is? Were else can we watch if it does dissaper completely?

Sorry I have so many questions.

But why is it missing something that was there yesterday?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Episodes Disappearing

@Lilly101 wrote:

Me and my siblings have bean enjoying watching Merlin every night. But the other night I went to re watch an episode in season 4 that we had watched just the night before but it was gone. Session four is now missing episodes 6, 4, 10, and who knows how many after 11. W haven't even started season 5 yet. I checked some of the other earlier sessions but I should swear there were more than 5 episodes in watch before.

Why are they disappearing? Do we have to worry about the rest of the shoe going before were done? Why doesn't it tell us if the show was going to be taken down if it is? Were else can we watch if it does disappear completely?

Sorry I have so many questions.

But why is it missing something that was there yesterday?

I assume you were watching this through The Roku Channel. When Roku acquires programming for streaming through their channel, they sign a contract that stipulates what content they can stream and for how long. These contracts don't always provide every episode or even every season of a particular TV series. Why? There's no way we can get an answer to that, but content owners have the final control of what they will allow. What Roku could/should do is maintain a page on their web site listing the content that's available and when it will be pulled. I suspect that would require some effort on their part, but I believe it's something they should offer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
melissa3
Reel Rookie

I have been watching 21 jump street every night and just come to find a lot of the episodes from every season have disappeared 

0 Kudos