Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vnazario
Level 8

Re: List of OTA Broadcast TV and streaming networks

"lorengallo" wrote:
Hello. I would like to ask specifically about the Decades Channel. I have looked on-line for codes to install on Roku but failed to find any. My age relates to shows like Laugh In, Merv Griffin (RIP) and others from that era. Can anyone please help with information? Thank you.

Hello:
   Decades is not available for the Roku platform.  It is an OTA antenna channel.  Some cable providers provide it as part of their basic TV package.  I have Optimum (Now Altice) and it is part of the unencrypted basic cable TV package which includes most (but not all) of the channels available free via OTA antenna.  Hope I answered your question.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

https://rabbitears.info/market.php
These are OTA channels available in your market, not necessarily with your antenna.
0 Kudos
lorengallo
Level 7

Hello. Please explain further. I have antenna along with Roku player, no cable what-so-ever. How do I find what market I am in? Thanks for help.
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

I don’t know where you live. Your market is the closest metropolitan area within 30 miles. Go to settings:tv inputs:antenna tv:scan again. You might get what rabbit ears.info lists if you have a good high antenna on clear night near the city.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Depending on your location, you can get dozens of channels over the air with a modest TV antenna. I have a fairly large antenna hanging inside my garage, and even being inside I can still pick up about 45 channels (main and sub-channels) in the Seattle area. Some days I even get a station near the Canadian border. 
But you have to remember that OTA TV is either VHF (54-88 MHz and 174-216 MHz) or UHF (470-692 MHz). These are line-of-sight signals, and if there is anything in the way (terrain, buildings) it may not be possible to get a solid signal. With digital TV (which is all we have in the US) the signal has to be a certain level or you get nothing. With old analog TV, you might get a weak signal with wavy lines or other things that make the picture bad, but you could still get something. With digital, it's all or nothing. Go to this site and enter your home address, and you will find out what potential TV stations you can receive. It will tell you the direction and distance you are from each transmitter, and give some basic advice on the size antenna you might need to receive them. Just remember that it's guide, and not a guarantee that you can receive them.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
lorengallo
Level 7

Hello and thanks. I tried auto scan and picked up two more stations and up to 52 channels. I did not get Decades Channel but will settle for what is on. I always appreciate not paying for advertising. Again, thank you.
0 Kudos
lorengallo
Level 7

Day today is 3/23 and surfing channels. OTA Channel 22.2 Decades channel rolled in. Not sure what happened but thanks to all whom make it possible. CHEERS!
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"lorengallo" wrote:
Day today is 3/23 and surfing channels. OTA Channel 22.2 Decades channel rolled in. Not sure what happened but thanks to all whom make it possible. CHEERS!

Your local broadcast station added it. There was nothing Roku could do to add broadcast channels. I've had a local station add new sub-channels occasionally as well. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
lorengallo
Level 7

I guess it had nothing to do with asking about it either? I asked about Decades all the way back in January. At any rate, I received. Thanks for feedback.
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
       Mathew 7:7
0 Kudos