Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vnazario
Level 8

List of OTA Broadcast TV and streaming networks

Hello:

I am trying to compile a complete list of available OTA Broadcast TV networks in the hope that one of you guys can tell me of one (or more) stations that I am unaware of and hoping they have a live streaming feed.  These are the ones I know (I am in the NYC/NJ Market):  I will be excluding shopping, religious and foreign language channels.  English only  Maybe list other networks that have live streams (Like RT, Aljazeera, etc.) on their websites that have not yet made it to Roku (ChargeTV and TBD).

1. CBS
2. NBC
3. ABC
4. FOX
5. CW
6. CBS 10/55 CBS2
7. My Network
8. ION
9. ION Life
10. QUBO (ION)
11. MeTV
12. Bounce
13. Laff
14. ThisTV
15. AntennaTV
16. Get TV
17. PBS
18. PBS Kids
19. PBS Create
20. PBS World
21. Heroes & Icons
22. Buzzr
23. Movies!
24. LiveWell
25. Escape
26. Grit
27. TheWorks
28. Comet (Live stream available on new Roku channel)
29. Charge TV (Live stream available on their site)
30. TBD (Live stream available on their site)
31. Decades
32. Cozi TV
33. CSpan
34. Tuff TV:   Not officially available on Roku but can be seen on Roku FilmOn channel.  This is a FTA unencrypted satellite channel and also OTA digital.  It has a live stream so it can be viewed on web browser or FilmOn channel.

Thank you to anyone who can add more OTA/Streaming networks to this list for all of us to enjoy.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
0 Kudos
23 Replies
mikebdoss
Level 7

Re: List of OTA Broadcast TV and streaming networks

These are the channels I haven't skipped. Mostly English language, non-shopping channels in the Los Angeles area. 

2.1 CBS HD
2.2 Decades
4.1 NBC HD
4.2 COZI
5.1 KTLA HD (CW)
5.2 Antenna TV
5.3 This TV
7.1 ABC HD
7.2 LivWell
7.3 Laff
9.1 KCAL HD
11.1 Fox HD
11.3 Light TV
13.1 KCOP HD
13.2 Buzzr
13.3 Movies
13.4 Heroes & Icons
28.1 KCET HD (PBS)
28.2 KCETLink  (PBS)
28.3 KCETV (Spanish) (PBS)
28.4 NHK America
30.1 Ion Television HD
30.2 Qubo
30.3 IonL
34.1 KMEX HD (Spanish)
34.2 Unimas (Spanish)
34.3 Bounce
46.1 KFTR HD (Spanish)
46.2 GetTV
46.3 Escape
46.4 GritTV
50.1 PBS HD
50.2 PBS Plus
52.1 Telemundo (Spanish)
56.1 KDOC HD
56.3 MeTV
56.4 Comet
56.8 Charge
58.1 KLCS HD (PBS)
58.2 KLCS 2 (PBS)
58.3 Create TV  (PBS)
58.4 KLCS 4 (PBS)
0 Kudos
vnazario
Level 8

Thanks.  I did not know about Light TV.  It seems it is available in the NY and LA TV markets.  However, their website doesn't say much www.lighttv.com nor is there any live video or VOD content.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 7

"vnazario" wrote:
Thanks.  I did not know about Light TV.  It seems it is available in the NY and LA TV markets.  However, their website doesn't say much http://www.lighttv.com nor is there any live video or VOD content.

It's brand new (we got it just a few weeks ago). Mostly family-safe, "inspirational" television programming (though not necessarily of a specific faith). I haven't found anything there to watch, just haven't removed it yet =)
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

This is extremely dependent on your market and antenna.

I get 2 stations HD and 1 SD.
mikebdoss
Level 7

"twiceover" wrote:

I don't think anyone was questioning that. It's just nice to know what channels exist out there. 
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

"mikebdoss" wrote:
"twiceover" wrote:

I don't think anyone was questioning that. It's just nice to know what channels exist out there. 

I think you drastically over estimate the average user...   Smiley LOL
0 Kudos
AeroR1
Level 7

0 Kudos
gkl
Level 7

I was going to refer you to the Wikipedia page, which the last post did. I check that out every few months to see what new OTA networks have been created.

While not OTA, Ebru and BYU TV are two cable networks that have Roku streaming channels. I have both loaded on my Rokus.

BizTV, AMGTV, and MiCasa are all OTA networks with Roku channels. WeatherNation actually has a few OTA affiliates and streams via Roku.

Many of the OTA shopping and religious channels also have Roku channels.
2018 and 2017 Roku Ultras, 2017 Roku Streaming Stick+, 2018 Roku Express
Mohu Sky attic antenna
First Generation Dual Tuner Tablo
HP Stream Mini (used as a media server for Plex/PlayOn/iTunes/Web)
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD
(Roku owner since 2011)
0 Kudos
lorengallo
Level 7

Hello. I would like to ask specifically about the Decades Channel. I have looked on-line for codes to install on Roku but failed to find any. My age relates to shows like Laugh In, Merv Griffin (RIP) and others from that era. Can anyone please help with information? Thank you.
0 Kudos