Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dad004
Level 7

Is this possible?

I bought "The Avengers" on ebay with the intent of putting it on Vudu Disc to Digital so the kids could watch it on their devices.  Unfortunately, "The Avengers" is not eligible to convert.  Is it possible to someone get the movie in an electronic format so that they can watch it?  
Vudu, MoviesAnywhere, etc?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
4 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Is this possible?

You need to purchase the Digital Copy on one of the Movies Anywhere eligible sites, like Amazon, Vudu, Google, or iTunes. Disney does not have a Physical to Digital program to give you a discount for that process. You would have been better to get the BluRay from a Retailer with a code to claim on Movies Anywhere.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
vnazario
Level 8

Hello:

You can encode/rip the DVD and save it to your PC.   Install PLEX Media Server and they should be able to play it remotely from Http://myplex.tv using your PLEX credentials.  A little more complex but one other way to do this.  You can also save the movie file in a Dropbox/Cloud storage medium accessible to your kids remotely by using the appropriate Roku client or have them cast to their Roku from their phone.  Hope this gives you other options to consider.  Cheers.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

"dad004" wrote:
I bought "The Avengers" on ebay with the intent of putting it on Vudu Disc to Digital so the kids could watch it on their devices.  Unfortunately, "The Avengers" is not eligible to convert.  Is it possible to someone get the movie in an electronic format so that they can watch it?  
Vudu, MoviesAnywhere, etc?

Thanks in advance

I run into this problem from time to time, but will acknowledge that it's been years since I've purchased a physical DVD as I prefer straight digital now. I do however, still have all my DVD's and what has been an annoyance is when I want to do a disc to digital of a movie that doesn't have Ultraviolet rights. I have a lot of movies from MGM and some from Disney owned studios that I would much rather pay a reduced fee for disc to digital as opposed to paying full price since I already own a physical copy.

At least now with Movies Anywhere I've finally been able to buy movies from Disney owned studios that I had in my wishlists for years waiting for them to be made available with UV tags. I just hope that every studio and digital outlet gets on board with Movies Anywhere so all my digital films (Has over 500 counting the recently purchased Disney owned studios films and some none tagged digital films) can be made available in one place. I know that Movies Anywhere has been in negotiations with Lionsgate and Paramount, but hopefully independent studios get involved too. Miramax, the orchard, and other companies would be preferable for me personally. 
0 Kudos
dad004
Level 7

It was only $3 on ebay, which is why I went that route.
0 Kudos