Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJmusicguy
Level 8

We need the ultra in Canada

why do we still not have one unless you are planning to allow the stick plus to get Dolby Vision at some point you are willfully keeping the best product away from us?

0 Kudos
Birdmanbancroft
Level 7

Re: Is Roku giving up on Canada (for STBs)?

I purchased a Roku Ultra thru Amazon back in May 2020. Works just fine. No problems. So much to see I'm still finding new content,channels,shows. As far as quality goes its 4k 60 htz HDCP 2.2 HDR UHD CRISP AND CLEAN thru Samsung 58" TU7000. I pay my  Youtube monthly cost and 2 other subscriptions and that's it. (Home WiFi of course) Seems to be the way to go

0 Kudos
Visiter555
Level 8

Roku does not sell the Ultra products in Canada.

I have bought many for gifts at my local Sam’s Club and Best Buy and taken them back to Canada for gifts.  Mostly I have gotten them via Black Friday deals on Amazon.com at ~50% off.

0 Kudos
Visiter555
Level 8

Re: We need the ultra in Canada

I am fortunate and bought mine while on my US part of the year.

you can get them on Amazon.com for far better price that the price gougers on Amazon.ca

i do buy them at Sams or Best Buy when sales come up for family & friends and send back to Canada as gifts.

0 Kudos
superzar
Level 7

I just purchased an Amazon Fire Stick.  I don't like the interface as much, but it comes with Dolby Vision and Atmos.  I've got a 65" TV and mega surround sound system that ROKU was not taking advantage of.  I won't be purchasing another ROKU and I tell all my friends and associates to stay clear of ROKU until they catch up with the competition Smiley Sad

0 Kudos