Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Equal to No. 1, Free Roku TV, No. 2, Roku Radio is what I like best...for hours...

I see quite a bit about Roku TV...and little to zero about what I like best of all about it: Roku Radio really Rocks. My big HDTV died and it looked like if I threw it into the ocean it might cause it to overflow, what a booger to get rid of...**bleep** plastic filling our oceans. Anyhow, I purchased a much smaller Philips RokuTV and soundbar...more free tv on Roku than I need, can always find something interesting to watch.

And I was setting around listening to Dash Alt X, and heard my first commercial for Dash Radio with "No Subscription Needed" for itself...and then it started rocking again.

And I sat their listening and thought, "It sounds like the audio is coming from a tin can."

And remembered, I had told myself, "It is easy to switch back and forth to my almost top of the line ancient analog Kenwood KR-7600 connected to my Large HPM-100 speakers...but I forgot how.

So I turned on the light, went and grabbed my glasses, went and grabbed a flashlight, and went to look at the rats nest of wires running behind my TV...and their sat my modest Digital to Analog converter box...forget Doby...and I saw an optical light cable, so I removed the one attached to TV and connected it...then I saw the RCA cables still connected to speakers...still not working...and then I noticed the power cord just dangling unplugged...so I plugged it in: WUOO HOO!!! Roku Radio came alive like some concert hall. If I turn it up a little more it might even be knocking on my neighbors doors and windows...I'm telling you that is what I like most of all about Roku...tunes.

And I always check the News out, and can always find something interesting to watch that is interesting and informative if I desire...[content removed]

Sorry, but I just had to make a comment about FreeRadioRoku...just keep the commercials decent and the amount of them respectable...and Rock on Roku, I'm with you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Equal to No. 1, Free Roku TV, No. 2, Roku Radio is what I like best...for hours...

I listen to Somafm a lot. There is an app.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Equal to No. 1, Free Roku TV, No. 2, Roku Radio is what I like best...for hours...

Clearly there is a problem with over population, far too much trash and Global warming.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

And I've watched a handful of programs on PlutoTV addressing those problems. Climate Change seems to just be a nice way to say, "Man's Destruction of the Earth."