Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rastaX1
Level 7

Email update closed my account

Hi, got the email about making sure roku emails matched. So I checked and they didn't match. I went into my forum profile, changed email to match my device, entered password and hit enter. I got a pop-up message that disappeared before I could fully read it, but I think the gist was I would have to take further action for my email change to take effect.
Well, I'm unable to log in using my old account.
I registered to post this and in spite of getting a message that my old account wasn't valid, I couldn't use my old username either because it told me it was already taken.
Any help?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
theuser86
Level 7

Re: Email update closed my account

I updated the email address under my forum settings and I can still login using my old/original username. Did you change the password as well when you updated the forum email address? Why not just reset the password on your old/original username? The original username still works today to login even if you updated your email address.
0 Kudos
rastaX1
Level 7

When I try to login using my regular username I get this message;
The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator.
0 Kudos
theuser86
Level 7

You will receive an email in your 'new' / updated email account where you need to click on a link to activate your forum account. Did you receive such an email? If not, check your junk mail.
0 Kudos
rastaX1
Level 7

I hadn't thought of that, but no, nothing in spam or trash folder.
0 Kudos
theuser86
Level 7

Maybe you deleted the email by chance? Or you never got it? Or entered your new email address incorrectly?

This is the email I got after I changed my email address:

Your account on "Roku Forums" has been deactivated, most likely due to
changes made to your profile. In order to reactivate your account you must
click on the link below:

--
Thanks,
The team at Roku
0 Kudos
rastaX1
Level 7

I never got it. It's possible the email address was incorrect. No way to check. Notified admin like the message said, but no reply so far. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rastaX1 

Please send me a PM with your details including previous email address used on the account, and confirm the email address that you'd like to update to. I'll assist you further with your account updates. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
rastaX1
Level 7

PM sent. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 7

From my Roku account, I always have to log in each visit despite having clicked the "remember me" button.  I have yet to find any Roku software that works without some anomaly of some sort.

You have to work real hard to get around all the bugs and for many there's no work around.
0 Kudos