Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Level 16

Does my community email need to match Roku account?

Jump to solution

A few days ago, I changed my email address in the community to a different one, as the old one was not receiving any notifications. I verified it, and it worked for a few days. Suddenly, no notifications, and when I checked my settings, it had gone back to the old email.

Do I have to change my main Roku email to the same? If so, do I have to re-authorize my Roku's, or will they just pick up the new email address on their own?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Does my community email need to match Roku account?

Jump to solution

@andyross

Thanks for the inquiry.

Your Roku Community account is linked to your Roku account information. If you wish to change the email that is being kept in the Roku Community, we would recommend changing your Roku account information through my my.roku.com.

For more information about how to change your Roku account email, visit our Support page here: How do I change the email address or password for my Roku® account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Following

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@andyross

Thanks for the inquiry.

Your Roku Community account is linked to your Roku account information. If you wish to change the email that is being kept in the Roku Community, we would recommend changing your Roku account information through my my.roku.com.

For more information about how to change your Roku account email, visit our Support page here: How do I change the email address or password for my Roku® account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
andyross
Level 16

Jump to solution

That is what I thought as it does seem as if both use the same login screen. I went and changed it at the main Roku site. No issues, and the Roku's updated themselves automatically.

andyross
Level 16

Jump to solution

Since changing the email, that address has suddenly started getting a ton of SPAM!!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@andyross wrote:

Since changing the email, that address has suddenly started getting a ton of SPAM!!

Obviously you consented to that when you provided your email to advertising-centric Roku... Smiley Wink

I have seen other reports of this happening when email addresses were changed/registered with Roku.

0 Kudos