Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Does ROKU remove user channels that involve hate speech or false information?

Jump to solution

I see you removed my request that the original poster post some examples of neo-nazi, anti-semitic propaganda that he claims was on Truthtube TV. I saw no examples of this when I looked.

Your forum policy forbids making defamatory statements. Why is it okay to accuse someone of being/promoting/supporting Nazism and anti-semitism? 

These types of baseless accusations are thrown around often nowadays by people who want to prevent people from expressing views they disagree with. People make these types of accusations about channels on YouTube all the time. If you banned the TruthTube TV channel are you going to ban YouTube as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Does ROKU remove user channels that involve hate speech or false information?

Jump to solution

Just as an FYI, Roku HQ is located in California, in Silicon Valley, in San Jose - ground zero for progressive leftist tech companies, of which it is one:

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_employer=roku&two_year_trans...

As you can see if you peruse/parse the data, 95% (or more) of its employees' contributions went to Democrat/liberal/progressive candidates/PACs/funds/causes.

I mention these facts only to make clear that if you have an expectation of "political" or "partisan" or "viewpoint" fairness/balance when Roku moderates channels/content (or engages in other macro or micro business practices), then you are going to be oft disappointed (as you would be with virtually any/every other progressive tech company) - they can no more restrain/refrain from bias influence/action than any other such overwhelmingly partisan/ideologically populated entity.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Why would you guys buy products from companies which (your words) "support anachist violence, more H1B Visas to steal jobs from Americans to get cheap labor, and support the dirtiest of organizations, such as NATO, the WTO, and China itself."?

Sounds like since you guys seem to know all about such things, you might be smart enough to spend your money elsewhere and not have to worry so much about it rather than having to waste your time complaining in a forum where like 15 other people will really ever see your posts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Don't refer to us as "you guys".  We comprise a tiny percentage of people.  The rest are stock market players who could care less what the company is doing in these areas, or even approving because they are of the same disgusting mindset.  And the consumers?  They know next to nothing about what these companies are doing to the US economy.   Your criticisms are ridiculous, and it sounds like you simply want to antagonize, and such posts and mindsets don't deserve this reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Not sure how I was criticizing, and saying "you guys" is certainly not derogatory, unless you would prefer I use "persons such as you who post such things"?

I asked a simple question - why would you buy something which is created by a company which you believe somehow supports ideals which you vehemently disagree with?

0 Kudos