Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdBeckley

Does ROKU mirroring record what is mirrored?

I was about to mirror a show when I read a Roku message that said, I think, that Roku mirror records what it mirrors. Is that correct? If yes, where is the recording stored and how can I access it, and how can I prevent recording? I tried to ask this on chat but the agent did not reply. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does ROKU mirroring record what is mirrored?

While the Roku might maintain a log of the fact it was used for mirroring with some basic details, it does not maintain any copy of the mirroring itself. Most importantly, the Roku simply doesn't have the storage space for it. Roku devices have two kinds of internal storage. One for the application code for the installed channels, and one for the operating system. Even the player with the largest amount of space only has a 6GB of memory (Ultra 4800, 2GB operational and 4GB channel storage). Most don't have more than 1GB combined, and many even less. There's simply no space to store something like that.  

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos