Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Heyitsrick
Level 11

Disney Chief Talks About Upcoming Streaming Service

Disney CEO Bob Iger says to look for a 2019 launch of the Disney streaming service.

Takeaways: Cheaper than Netflix, but less content.

https://www.adweek.com/tv-video/bob-igers-5-biggest-revelations-about-disneys-upcoming-streaming-ser...
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Disney Chief Talks About Upcoming Streaming Service

Can't read the article without a subscription. But from the little I could see, I can see cancelling Netflix and using this instead. It will all depend on the content available. Right now I use Netflix so seldom (Amazon is my go-to online source) I have trouble justifying keeping it. They just don't have a lot of content I am interested in. I have little to no interest in their in-house content, and they are really moving in that direction. Of course, that means a well designed channel/app for both the Roku and the Shield for me. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos