Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puppyblack2
Level 7

Did not reset roko what will happen cannot get in contact with company

What happens when you don't factory reset

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Did not reset roko what will happen cannot get in contact with company

There's seldom a reason to do a factory reset. Why are you considering it? As to what happens, the Roku continues with all installed channels and any login credentials you've entered. It remains registered to your Roku account.

If you are selling, giving away, or otherwise discarding the Roku, you should do a factory reset to clear out everything I mentioned above. Beyond that, the only reason to consider a reset would be if the device is acting very badly and all other troubleshooting attempts have failed. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
johnacostilla
Level 7

Re: Did not reset roko what will happen cannot get in contact with company

if you are unable to find factory reset option there will be a option off exit visa you have to try it. and if you done factory reset or exit visa All of your settings and channels will be gone, as will all of your accounts. If you've got an older Roku device, there's a slight chance that you won't find this option in the menu. You can still factory reset your device, however, thanks to the hidden Secret Screen.

0 Kudos