Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boogernose
Level 10

CRAZY LAYOUT

I think the design of the layout of this community forum is lacking.

Its crazy to need to navigate to every Topic as it is to read and reply.

There should be an "Active" section maybe in each Community Section.

Where recent Discussions are published.

6 Replies
stormy13
Level 7

Re: CRAZY LAYOUT

Really think that it was intentional using this community/forum software. Logitech switched over to the same thing a few months ago, and the forums/help there has pretty much died. Looks like Roku took a page from Logitech and started using this to confuse people and make them take their support issues elsewhere.

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 11

After some initial confusion, it actually seems much busier than it used to be.

What I did was to go to the forums I want to follow, and use the 3-dot drop-down in the upper-right to bookmark them. Then, instead of going to the main Roku forum page, use this link:

https://community.roku.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:bookmark-subscriptions

Boz
Level 10

To take it one step farther, there should be a "New Posts" link that will show all new posts in all sub forums since the last login.

And speaking of forum login, does anybody else have an issue with the forum logging you out between each visit?

boogernose
Level 10

"should be a "New Posts" link "

Yeah thats in effect what Im saying.

If youre getting logged out between sessions my guess is you have a "Cookie blocker" extention

or have cookies blocked in your browser.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@boogernose 

By default, new topics will be displayed first when you view any board or category page. On category pages (Roku Player Support), you should see a drop down above the topics list that allows you to sort by 'Recent activity', etc. This option should also sort content by the most recent topics first. 

Feel free to share any other feedback directly and I'll take note of your suggestions. 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
boogernose
Level 10

Yeah ok I see the Recent Activity drop down now.

Not Ideal for me but whatever. I just try to cover 0 replys

and it does take a lot of navigating.

I never really paid much attention to those pages and just

went down the specific categories.

0 Kudos