Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scarlettu2
Level 7

CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Has anyone else gone over the limits of their cap with AT&T? I just looked at my DSL usage.... which until now you could not view your current amount, but it appears last month I went over 100.00 GBs! Is anyone out there thinking this is complete incorrect and insane. Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?

It was mentioned within an article that ATT would notify customers that reached half of their limits and over, yet there has not been email or other means of communication in regards to this. I am wonder if you all have seen increase in your usage or if anyone else went over.
Carpe Diem
0 Kudos
29 Replies
axflay
Level 7

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

"scarlettu2" wrote:
Has anyone else gone over the limits of their cap with AT&T? I just looked at my DSL usage.... which until now you could not view your current amount, but it appears last month I went over 100.00 GBs! Is anyone out there thinking this is complete incorrect and insane. Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?

It was mentioned within an article that ATT would notify customers that reached half of their limits and over, yet there has not been email or other means of communication in regards to this. I am wonder if you all have seen increase in your usage or if anyone else went over.


I averaged about 44 GB the first three months of this year, mainly from movies. Now with MLB.TV I'll probably be at 100 GB this month. I have friends with ATT who have seen increases since baseball started.

As long as I'm under 150, I'm not going to worry about it.
0 Kudos
robertm
Level 7

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

"scarlettu2" wrote:
Has anyone else gone over the limits of their cap with AT&T? I just looked at my DSL usage.... which until now you could not view your current amount, but it appears last month I went over 100.00 GBs! Is anyone out there thinking this is complete incorrect and insane. Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?

It was mentioned within an article that ATT would notify customers that reached half of their limits and over, yet there has not been email or other means of communication in regards to this. I am wonder if you all have seen increase in your usage or if anyone else went over.


Isn't the AT&T cap 150gb? If so, you didn't go over.
0 Kudos
-LD
Level 7

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

I hit darn near the 250GB Comcast limit every month. I do use an online backup service which contributes probably 30GB monthly. The vast majority of the rest is streaming. Unfortunately Comcast doesn't offer me another option to pay for more monthly transfer even if I wanted. I think perhaps I could get business class, which I don't think has a limit.
0 Kudos
scarlettu2
Level 7

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

"robertm" wrote:
"scarlettu2" wrote:
Has anyone else gone over the limits of their cap with AT&T? I just looked at my DSL usage.... which until now you could not view your current amount, but it appears last month I went over 100.00 GBs! Is anyone out there thinking this is complete incorrect and insane. Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?

It was mentioned within an article that ATT would notify customers that reached half of their limits and over, yet there has not been email or other means of communication in regards to this. I am wonder if you all have seen increase in your usage or if anyone else went over.


Isn't the AT&T cap 150gb? If so, you didn't go over.


That is the limit, but last month they stated I used 253 gbs
Carpe Diem
0 Kudos
RoadRanger
Level 7

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

"scarlettu2" wrote:
Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=39940&p=266419&hilit=hidden+menu#p266419
You'll have to redo this every time the Roku reboots.
I'm hoping Roku will put this in the settings someday soon?
Roku Digital Video Player links:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/links
Private Channel Database:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/database
0 Kudos
scarlettu2
Level 7

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

"RoadRanger" wrote:
"scarlettu2" wrote:
Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=39940&p=266419&hilit=hidden+menu#p266419
You'll have to redo this every time the Roku reboots.
I'm hoping Roku will put this in the settings someday soon?


Thank you so much. I was unaware that this option was available.
Carpe Diem
0 Kudos
RoadRanger
Level 7

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

"scarlettu2" wrote:
Thank you so much. I was unaware that this option was available.
It isn't Smiley Wink
Roku Digital Video Player links:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/links
Private Channel Database:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/database
0 Kudos
scarlettu2
Level 7

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

"RoadRanger" wrote:
"scarlettu2" wrote:
Thank you so much. I was unaware that this option was available.
It isn't Smiley Wink


But of course, it shall stay our little secret. Smiley Wink
Carpe Diem
0 Kudos
West_Ham
Level 7

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

When did this start? My account currently says:

U-verse Internet Usage and Activity Detail
Note: Your internet plan provides you with unlimited usage. There are no usage details to display.
0 Kudos