Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iFrog
Level 8

Apple TV App (Service) and Roku

Jump to solution
Hey all, I recall hearing that Apple's Streaming service, and video app will be coming to Roku at some point.  I haven't heard any updates, and I just did a search to see if there were any.  All I found was the original article I read a few months back.  I was curious  If the service has launched on Roku yet.  I haven't done a search from the Roku store, as I'm not sure what exactly to search for at this point.  I do know that both my Apple TV(S) and iOS devices, have the updated TV App, and was curious if anyone here had any additional information on the Roku, and third party TV / streaming box support.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Apple TV App (Service) and Roku

Jump to solution

@iFrog @Rich12  The Apple TV app is now available in the Roku Channel Store! Check out more here

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution
@iFrog

Thanks for the interest! We don't have any information to share right now, but you can always keep an eye on blog.roku.com for the latest news and announcements. 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
iFrog
Level 8

Jump to solution
"RokuDanny-R" wrote:
@iFrog

Thanks for the interest! We don't have any information to share right now, but you can always keep an eye on blog.roku.com for the latest news and announcements. 

Thanks,
Danny

Thanks Danny, I'll keep an eye out there, as well as Apple's news, which is where I found out about it initially.
0 Kudos
Rich12
Level 7

Jump to solution
Is there any update regarding the Apple TV app for Roku? I have many Roku and Apple account and would love to us them together.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Rich12 

Thanks for the inquiry! We don't have any information to share right now, but you can always keep an eye on blog.roku.com for the latest news and announcements. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@iFrog @Rich12  The Apple TV app is now available in the Roku Channel Store! Check out more here

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
iFrog
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi TannerD, Thanks for the heads up.  I installed the Chanel last night on both Roku Units and works perfectly,  Was able to log in using the QR code on screen, and my iPhone's camera app.

So far looks and acts identically to my physical Apple TV boxes.  However, it is nice to have more content in one device..  Also a heads up, have received the latest 9.2 update to both Roku units, and things have been working perfectly.  Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 8

Jump to solution

This morning I successfully added Apple TV to my Roku Ultra (OS 9.1), however, it did not automatically appear on my Roku 4 (OS 9.2).

In fact, I can't even find it in the channel store on the Roku 4 -- is this app restricted to Ultra HD only?  My Roku 4 is connected to an HD receiver, but it is not Ultra HD. 

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Bill

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
iFrog
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Williamt100 wrote:

This morning I successfully added Apple TV to my Roku Ultra (OS 9.1), however, it did not automatically appear on my Roku 4 (OS 9.2).

In fact, I can't even find it in the channel store on the Roku 4 -- is this app restricted to Ultra HD only?  My Roku 4 is connected to an HD receiver, but it is not Ultra HD. 

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Bill

Hi Bill,  I can't speak for Roku 4 owners, as I don't own a Roku 4.  I have a 2017, and 2018 Roku Ultra, which is the same hardware, but the newer one came with the JBL earbuds. Anyway for me, I found the AppleTV channel under new and notable in the channel store.  As long as you have OS 9.2, you should be OK.  I haven't heard any other requirements but that.  One thing you might check is to see if you have the latest 9.2 build in software update under SettingsSmiley FrustratedystemSmiley Frustratedoftware Update.  I had 2 different builds pull down.  The first only installed on the 2018 unit, the second one, installed on both.

The correct build number should be: 9.2.0 build 4106.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 8

Jump to solution

I saw from the Roku Support Web Site, that the Apple TV app is not available on the Roku 4 -- I'm a bit surprised by this.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos