Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

2015 model Samsung TV has buffering issue

I have a HULU app on my 2015 Samsung Smart TV.  I subscribed to HULU but ran into a buffering issue (start/stop every few seconds).  HULU chat tech had me run an internet speed test which turned out ok.  Then he said this was a "known issue", with no solution.  So I switched to VUDU and had the same issue.  Is Roku the solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: 2015 model Samsung TV has buffering issue

Hard to say what the problem is, since this isn't a Samsung forum. If the buffering is due to a network issue, it's unlikely a Roku would be any different. 

There certainly could be a networking issue specific to the TV, in which case a Roku would likely work fine. I have several Samsung Smart TVs, and I don't use the apps on any of them. They all have either a Roku or Nvidia Shield attached for streaming purposes. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.