Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsherry
Channel Surfer

07-04-20 TERRIBLE NEW ROKU MENU WHEN ACCESSING LOCAL USB DRIVE

ROKU: STOP FIXING MENUS THAT ARE NOT BROKE!

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED in the New ROKU access to the USB local ports on your main menu.  IT IS SIMPLY ATROCIOUS!  Come on Developers.  I AM A RETIRED SOFTWARE ENGINEER THAT ALSO DEVELOPED WEB SITES.  The menu IS NOT PURPOSEFUL.  IT IS UGLY and it is TEDIOUS TO USE, glancing up and down as you scroll to see what files you have (I have over 10,000).  You can do better than this!  We do not want color and fancy icons.  WE WANT TO VIEW THE CONTENTS OF MULTIPLE ITEMS ON OUR LOCAL DRIVES, not folders that are endlessly scrolling right to left and not being able to see FULL TITLES that we named for those folders.

ROKU WAS great the OLD WAY where we could actually see 4 rows of content (folders or files (audio/video). 

I am probably going to have to go to something else if this continues to be the ugliest choice they can come up with.  I will never use it now.  I will plug it into my TV directly and view my files from there. 

SHAME ON ROKU DEVELOPERS.  THIS IS NOT WHAT YOUR CUSTOMERS WANT!

5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 07-04-20 TERRIBLE NEW ROKU MENU WHEN ACCESSING LOCAL USB DRIVE

See this thread.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Trebor429
Binge Watcher

Yup.  Roku broke our TVs.  I called TCL and demanded warranty support - I cannot watch regular antenna TV when my internet goes out because the TV cannot not load the streaming channels in the lineup.  TCL says they don't know what to do. SHAME ON ROKU!!!!

0 Kudos
Millie123

I fully agree. I have my (5) Roku devices connected a NAS for watching my movies, home movies, pictures, etc. It is horrible now. Before the update I could select a movie to watch, at the end of the movie it would simply stop; now it is on continuous play-moving to the next movie, etc. I could select between 4 or 50 rows of viewing.  Now the minimum per row is 5, which doesn’t fit the screen properly on any of my 5 TVs. I have a 65in, 50in, 42in, 40in, & 19in. Also before when moving down the rows the count was accurate. For example, if I moved to the second row, the first listing would show 5 of xx, xx being the total number files in the directory. Now that listing shows 1 of 5, the number only pertains to the row, not the entire directory. Basically, once you are in a directory you have no clue how many files are in it. The old way you always knew how many files where in the directory. It was easy to know your position in the directory. I am extremely disappointed with the upgrade. Is there any way to undo the upgrade?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Millie123 wrote:

Is there any way to undo the upgrade?

No, there is no way to revert to the older version. Just a guess, but I don't think it's functional anymore due to OS changes, hence the need for a new one. 

But I can say that your issues are known to the developers, and they are working on getting them all resolved. I have no idea when the next update will come, as the last one was just last week, and it did fix a few other issues. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

I have just joined and reviewing all the question and answers from page 1 to the end and i found your discussion very helpful.

0 Kudos