Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
florion
Reel Rookie

why do I have to continually need to re-authenticate. I am going back to cable!

I am getting so sick of having to re-authenticate so many channels.  CNN, FOX, History, etc - Anything worthwhile costs $$ to subscribe and most content is OLD. 

FHL

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: why do I have to continually need to re-authenticate. I am going back to cable!

Hello @florion

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? How long has the issue been occurring?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
florion
Reel Rookie

Re: why do I have to continually need to re-authenticate. I am going back to cable!

It's really simple.  First you should know that I do have a current cable subscription that has all of the channels that I am concerned about included.  Let's say that I want to watch CNN.  When I select CNN off of the ROKU menu it will ask me to authenticate with my cable provider.  I got through that process - signing into my local cable system.  I then can watch CNN live for a day or two.  After a couple of days I may want to watch CNN again BUT I now need to go through the same authentication process AGAIN.  This happens on CNN, FOX news, FOX Business, and other channels as well.  Cable company says it is not their fault.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @florion

Appreciate the response.

We would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos