Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuen

unable to get dinesy plus channel in hk

Jump to solution

help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: unable to get dinesy plus channel in hk

Jump to solution

Hi @chuen

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that Hong Kong is not an official supported region for Roku which is why you are unable to add Disney Plus.

Any Roku Player or TV can be activated to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

The channel is managed and developed by its channel publisher. We suggest you reach out to them to let them know you want their streams on Roku Hong Kong.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I’m guessing by “HK,” you mean that you live in Hong Kong.  Have you checked region/country settings on your Roku device?  According to research, Disney+ is available on Roku in Hong Kong.  If the region/country setting on your Roku device is not the issue, I’m assuming this is an issue with the Roku servers (though Roku does not develop Disney+; The Walt Disney Company does.).

So what happens when you search for the app, or go to Streaming Channels (if applicable)?  Are you able to see Disney+ on there or not? 

I’m tagging @Hector-Roku so that he can help you more in this situation.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @chuen

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that Hong Kong is not an official supported region for Roku which is why you are unable to add Disney Plus.

Any Roku Player or TV can be activated to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

The channel is managed and developed by its channel publisher. We suggest you reach out to them to let them know you want their streams on Roku Hong Kong.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator