Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
U-Turn
Reel Rookie

trouble activating live tv

Jump to solution

I want to activate CNN, but they want the name of my tv provider. My tv provider is a 3rd party provider and they or not recognized on CNN's list. I have contacted my provider, but they offer no help. is there any way to try and get around this, other than getting a new provider?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
U-Turn
Reel Rookie

Re: trouble activating live tv

Jump to solution

Truespeed is the 3rd party provider. Sinterix is their provider (2nd party), which is not recognized on CNN's list ether. At that point I have hit a brick wall. Have tried adding a tv channel through ROKU tv with no results.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Who is your 3rd provider? Is CNN part of their package? Even then, not all TV providers have contracts to allow "TV Everywhere" logins.

0 Kudos
U-Turn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Truespeed is the 3rd party provider. Sinterix is their provider (2nd party), which is not recognized on CNN's list ether. At that point I have hit a brick wall. Have tried adding a tv channel through ROKU tv with no results.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Then it's likely their contract does not include TV Everywhere. If CNN doesn't recognize it, then there is nothing you can really do other than find a different TV provider that CNN does recognize.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Interesting.  CNN is a US company, Sinterix is in Canada, Truespeed is in the UK.  I can see where that deal might take a little longer than some others.

I looked through CNN’s list and none of them jumped out at me as “sounding” UK-based – except for one called “Glasgow” but it turned out to be Glasgow, Kentucky.  Do you see any UK providers in that list?  If not, it may be hard to impossible.  But if so, perhaps you just need to let Truespeed know that another customer would like a streaming deal with CNN.

0 Kudos