Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Pyron
Binge Watcher

Roku Goes To Home Screen After 30 MINS. Problem Not Fixed

Jump to solution

Hi, The Roku is still going to home after 30 mins. I have tried removing Philo app, restarting, and adding app back, and it doesn work. It has also came back to the button that you use to  launch the app you just installed. Thanks, Michael

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Pjbruce
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Goes To Home Screen After 30 MINS. Problem Not Fixed

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue.  It just started yesterday also and I haven't changed or added anything.

Michael_Pyron
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi PJ, This is crazy. I am totally blind, and my Wife has to help me sometimes to let me know when it is back to home screen. I watch Philo, and when you are watching something live, you can pick back up, but if it exits twice, the feature starts over..So agrivating..! This needs to be fixed!. As we can see..It isn't..lol! Come on Roku..Get it together..LOL!! Tired of sucking limuns..!

0 Kudos
Pjbruce
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Okay, doing some researching they just did an update and that is why I am now see two new icons which say 'add channel' and ' tv/off'.  I'm guessing there's a glitch in this update.  The question then becomes how long before it's fixed. 

0 Kudos
Pjbruce
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have had my player for a few years and have never had one problem until now.  This is just annoying and would be even more so for you.

Michael_Pyron
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi again PJ. man, seems like we are talking to our selves..Mine is still going to home screen. No matter what I watch. YouTube, or Philo.If you can, just let me know if You hear of a fix. Thanks again for the replies. God Bless, Michael

0 Kudos
Michael_Pyron
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Man, just heard my screen reader say "Solved" and the rest of the title of Post when I just posted..It isn't solved!!!.Mine was still going to home screen last night. There needs to be dianostic program on the Roku when it acts like this. It could troubleshoot, and send an error to the surver, and that would tell Techs the problem is still there.

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

It's possible that this may relate to a new feature introduced for Roku devices in OS 9.2. In Settings>Network>Bandwidth saver, there is now a feature that will show users a prompt to confirm if they are still actively watching after 4 hours of streaming. If no input is received to confirm that you are still watching, your device will return to the Home screen. This setting can be turned off, which should stop that behavior, except for channels that have their own functionality around this type of activity. 

The previous issue that was causing playback to exit to the home screen after 30 minutes has been resolved. If you are still running into an issue, you'll want to take a closer look and continue troubleshooting your device. This includes restarting the device by either disconnecting the power, or by going into the Settings menu and performing a system restart. If the issue continues from there, you'll need to try removing the streaming channel you were watching from the Roku home screen, restart your device completely, then reinstall the channel once more and try playing content again. 

Please keep us posted from there and we'll see how we can continue assisting you! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Michael_Pyron
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner,

Michael Here.

I am still having the same issue.

Roku is still going to home screen after 30 mins.

I am talking to Philo, and am going to troubleshoot with them.

I have removed the app, restarted, and put it back on, but still same problim.

Just wanted to let You know the issue is still here.

Please keep an eye for it with other people.

This is getting so frustrating.

There needs to be a diagnostic program that runs to generate an error code so You Guys can see what is happening in each case.

No app should go to home screen unless I tell it to by pressing the home button.

So, don't mean to grumble, but problem isn't fixed.

Thanks,

Michael

Msellsworth01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We started having this issue with CBS streaming and Amazon Prime. It's extremely frustrating to be watching live television and have it happen! Please keep trying to solve the problem. We have been streaming for over a year and never had this happen until recently.  Thank you!

0 Kudos