Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
db54
Reel Rookie

showtime via roku vs showtime app

not sure there IS a problem.  I purchased showtime THROUGH ROKU (special rate of .99/month) and was hoping to watch the 2021 episodes of Billions but they aren't there to select??  Maybe showtime holds those back for those of us who purchase via roku as opposed to the showtime app?

0 Kudos
goldbondx

Re: showtime via roku vs showtime app

Roku,  We don't need to send you any samples as your channel is clearly busted and other people are reporting it.  Dexter, episode 9 New blood is not showing up on my Roku showtime channel.  Last night the app wasn't showing anything at all outside two shows. It may only be 99 cents but I don't need the hassles.  It was bad enough. Your promotion for the other channels wouldn't even take me to the promotions. It just took me to the the site where there were movie lengths. You clearly have a major problem with this syndication of other premium channels. Fix it.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@goldbondx

Thanks for the inquiry.

We are not able to reproduce the issue you are stating as we are able to see the content that you are having issues with.

We would recommend checking again and keeping us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BigT13
Reel Rookie

Wow.  You Roku reps are useless.  Just blaming Showtime or asking people to provide all this detailed information for their specific Roku device when it is OBVIOUSLY  a widespread issue.  The problem is not people's devices but how your system and services apparently interacts with your Roku devices.  Which is the last place I'd expect the problem.

My sister has Showtime through Amazon Prime, I have Showtime through the Roku Channel.  When new episodes of Dexter: New Blood or Yellow Jackets are available, she can watch them using her Roku device via Amazon Prime app.....I however can not watch them using my Roku device via the Showtime on Roku Channel app service because it's always delayed.  A friend has no delay using his Roku device with service via Showtime using the Showtime app.  So it's CLEARLY some sort of sync issue or delayed updating of services with Roku itself.  The problem is ALL ROKU, not any other service or devices.

I also, will be canceling my Showtime via the Roku Channel at the end of this month's service.  It's not any cheaper (if not on a promotion) so I might as well get the service directly from Showtime using their app on my Roku device without any delays to content.  Just not worth having lack of access to service I am paying for simply because Roku doesn't seem interested in trying to solve the issue of it's own channel.

0 Kudos
Sanjane

Re: "Showtime on the Roku Channel" new episodes delayed or not appearing?

Why is it on the Roku channels 660 -685 the episodes are the same ones all day everyday. Why are not different episodes or shows coming out? Been like this for a while now 

0 Kudos
Slipslope

Re: SOLVED - "Showtime on the Roku Channel" new episodes delayed or not appearing?

I removed some apps so I can add different apps because I had too much on my phone already well it never would let me add the new app even though I erased several apps now it won't let me put the old apps I had on there to begin with so I'm unable to cast it so what am I supposed to do about that cuz I'm having the same problem with Showtime

0 Kudos