Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merkfredery
Reel Rookie

prioritize YouTube tv channels

How can I line up the channels I watch most so I can get to them quick? YouTube channels are not numbered, I have to scroll through entire list to find the channel I want to watch.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: prioritize YouTube tv channels

Hi @merkfredery

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

You can easily reorder your channels on your Roku device by using the "move channel" feature. Use the instructions below if you wish to move the channel to a new location on your Home screen.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Press OK  or the right button on the directional pad to access your channel list. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
  3. Using the directional pad, highlight the channel tile you wish to move
  4. Press Star  on your remote to open the Options menu
  5. Select Move channel
  6. Move the channel and press OK  on your remote when you are satisfied with the new location

You may also refer to this link: How to move channels on your Roku streaming device

If you have any further questions or need more assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@merkfredery To change the order of channels in the YouTube TV guide put the YouTube TV app on a phone or computer.  Open the YouTube TV app, go to Live, then go to sort, select custom and edit.  Then click on the double or triple lines by the channel and drag the channel where you want it on the guide.  Once you have done this the guide will be in that order on all of your devices.  You may have to restart the YouTube TV app I don't remember for Roku devices.

merkfredery
Reel Rookie

HDMIGUY,

Thanks, I finally figured it out. I had to push my initial at top right to get to my account and then able to change settings so I could Custom edit. Thank you so much

Merkfredery