Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parental controls on Apps

Jump to solution

I want to be able to put a password or something that will prevent my children to be able to download apps.  Youtube for sure. I thought I had done that but he was able to download it anyway.  I don't want apps that I don't approve of on my home screen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: parental controls on Apps

Jump to solution

Hi @Jaspendlove,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern that you want to manage parental controls on the Roku device.

We currently do not have the feature for global parental control settings on Roku devices directly. But we do have parental control for The Roku channel and the Roku PIN feature.

For more information, read about the How to block content using parental controls | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jaspendlove,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern that you want to manage parental controls on the Roku device.

We currently do not have the feature for global parental control settings on Roku devices directly. But we do have parental control for The Roku channel and the Roku PIN feature.

For more information, read about the How to block content using parental controls | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yeah, I'm right there with you. I like the Roku TV, but I really want more parental controls. I'd like to be able to set certain hours the TV can be used, auto-off at a certain time, volume limit, and restrict which "channels" (or what normal people call software on devices from third parties: apps) can be installed.  I don't want my kids to have access to just any app. The canned response with the over the top chipper customer service buzzwords just says "we don't give a **bleep** about what you want" with a nice big smile.  This is pretty low hanging fruit.  I would have planned to start replacing all the TVs in my house, (about 7 tvs right now...), with Roku TVs if this basic feature was available. It's 2023.  We should have too many features as a problem, not a lack of features.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DavidTheDad

Thanks for your post. 

We understand your suggestion of having more parental controls on your Roku TV and devices. And we love the idea. We'll pass it along to our team for review and consideration. Who knows, you may see your suggestion implemented in a future update. You can check out our blog for the latest news and upcoming updates.

You may also stop by the 'Suggest a feature' section of the Community to share any other thoughts. 

Thanks for your interest and we hope to expand with more features to provide our customers with the best streaming experience.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos