Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaunrae
Reel Rookie

Re: can't run channel could not run because it could not reinstall from the netwo

Jump to solution

Got message from Mary (IT) to update software and everything working fine now. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Jeffery452
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

Everything worked fine until yesterday and then none of my channels would load giving error message "channel would not load" and was told to check my network connection. 

My network connection is fine.  Nothing I tried has fixed the problem.  I updated software, restarted. unplugged everything and restarted, pushed the restart button on the bottom of my Ultra and then had to reinstall the whole thing.  After that, everything looks back to where it last worked, but I still get the same error on every channel.  

Ulta 4660X

serial #YJ0096608122

Device Id CK4879608122

Software Version 11.0.0 build 4180-46

0 Kudos
Mich78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

ESN: YH0075412029
DID: 053097412029
I am experiencing the same issues please help.

0 Kudos
BPack
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Since this software update I cannot access anything. I receive a warning that the channel could not be reinstalled from the network and to check connection. My internet provider has verified for 2 days now that there is no issue with the internet connection. This is a rocky issue that needs resolved.  I have roku express and would appreciate a resolution to this issue today! 

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. 

Issue ID is 76-159-800
model 3900RW roku express
serialYG00CW782876
software version 11.0.0

please fix this issue!! 

0 Kudos
LarryD777

Jump to solution

I am having this problem. It started yesterday afternoon. It was working fine the day before.

"Can't run channel"

"The Roku Channel could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network."

I get the same message on any channel I try to go to.

I have done the factory reset on the Roku and then set it all up again. Unplugged power, waited and then restarted. Still the same problem. Did a reset on my router. No help. 

3900X - Express

S/N YG0046091314

Ver. 11.0.0 build 4180-51

ID C33964091314

Hope you can help.

Larry

0 Kudos
kjk24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Why is this problem not being fixed? It's obviously larger than a small sunset of users! You do an update and the system crashed! Monitoring this thread? What about the threads from months ago? Are you monitoring those?

0 Kudos
kjk24
Channel Surfer

Re: Can’t run channel error. Roku express 4K, software 11.0 build 4180-CR

Jump to solution

This has been going on for months! Threads from 2021 prove that! The only information you need, and already know, is your update is causing this! Restore the previous software!

fwtsen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@kjk24 Completely agree....restore the previous version before this fiasco.

NOTE: Youtube is showing the same issue today WITHOUT THE SOFTWARE UPDATE (at least not that I am aware of).

0 Kudos
kjk24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately this started last year for some, mine was only purchased a month ago! Last year both version 10.5 and 11.0 are mentioned, mine was updated yesterday to 11.0, so may need to go back 2 updates. Possibly the software is good but the overwriting process is bad and no version will work.

0 Kudos
fwtsen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@kjk24 You may be right!

No issues with the super old Roku (circa 2010-maybe too old to take the software update) and new (purchased this year).

Issue is with the Roku that is about 2/3 years old.

0 Kudos