Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmdennie

can't run channel could not run because it could not reinstall from the netwo

Jump to solution

Smart onn tv with roku has error, can't run channel could not run because it could not reinstall from the network. please check your network connection and try again. this is on every channel. When I try factory reset on only highlight two channels roku, loads all 137 channels and at the end of loading these unwanted channels it says error "some channels loaded have failed". Then I know none of the channels will open and I get the same error message "can't run channel could not run because it could not reinstall from the network.please check your network connection and try again"

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: can't run channel could not run because it could not reinstall from the netwo

Jump to solution

@tmdennie-

We are seeing lots of similar "could not run because it could not reinstall from the network" reports from Rokus that have received version 11 of the Roku operating software which is slowly rolling out to Roku units.

You can determine your Roku version via Settings > System > About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: can't run channel could not run because it could not reinstall from the netwo

Jump to solution

@tmdennie  You have 137 channels on your Roku TV? Do you honestly watch and use all 137? Try removing half of them and see what happens. I only have 30 channels 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

@Jayhwkfn @fwtsen 

Thanks for the posts.

It doesn't look like you've provided the information that we have requested. Can you please provide the information from @RokuMary-F's last post?

Once we have that information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@tmdennie 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shaunrae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi-

I am having same problem since yesterday. 

Streaming stick 4K 

model 3820X

serial # X0170077J6T6

id S08Y41D7J6T6

Software version 11.0.0 build 4180-CU

Netflix version is 5.3.98088082

YouTube version is 2.21 build 94005093

Tubi version is 2.17 build 1

Also cannot get Roku channel or Roku tips and tricks to load. (version 6.0 build 15 and version 1.2 build 62. 

This is basically all I need/want/use. Everything was wroking fine on Monday. Completely down on Tuesday. I have excellent internet connection and sufficient Mbps per my ISP, which I can confirm, as I can utilize my laptop without a problem.

Thanks-

Shaun

0 Kudos
Penny220
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku Express 4k+ serial #X01600J32JH6

My update to OS 11.0.0 build 4180 occurred @ 4:29 PM CST today and it hasn't worked since.  "Can't run channel/can't reinstall from network"

When I run connection check, it detects my internet.  I have unplugged everything, waited and plugged it back in and I have also reset my network.  Through settings, it finds and detects the network but the channels say it can't find the network.  This has occurred on all channels I have tried. 

Let me know if you need more information. 

0 Kudos
Penny220
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Issue ID H6-158-492

0 Kudos
shaunrae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi-

I forgot to add the tracker number for this issue....ID T6-158-486

TY

Shaun

0 Kudos
shaunrae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi-

Brand new to this and not very tech savvy. Bear with me!

Having same issue as all others since yesterday. Prior to that, everything worked fine.

streaming stick 4K

model 3820X

serial X017007J6T6

id S08Y41D7J6T6

software 11.0 build 4180-CU

I only use/need/want Netflix (have a paid subscription I use on laptop that works fine) plus Tubi and YouTube. Can't get anything at all, including Roku channel and Roku tips and tricks. 

I have spoken to my isp. I have an excellent connection and sufficient Mbps, especially since everything still works on my laptop. 

Forgot to add the tracker number, but put it in a separate post. I can provide the version/builds for the channels, if need.

TY

Shaun

0 Kudos