Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jed2
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

Today the System Update, build 5004-81 loaded, and so far channels seem to be working! Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the fix!

0 Kudos
JRog7
Reel Rookie

Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled

Jump to solution

Super bummed I still haven't been able to get my Roku to work  

Alixoops
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled

Jump to solution

Same here, no assistance from Roku. Total scam!

JasonWS

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my Roku Express 4K every since the software update last week to 11.0.0

• Roku device model: 3940CA - Roku Express 4K
  • serial number: x01600x68mgp
  • device ID: s07s21768mgp
  • software OS/version: 11.0.0 build 4184-CR
  • router/modem make and model: Zytel

No settings have change on the network, it was literally a case of me watching TV, software update going through, me not being able to stream anything.

Since then I have power cycled all applicable equipment, done a factory reset on the Roku, tried to manually update software, tried to enter the hidden screen to update software.

When doing the factory reset channels will reinstall on the device but I get the error when trying to run them. If I select "check network" the screen flashes briefly and nothing happens. If I go into the network settings on the Roku and check the network there I have no issues.

My Feed loads properly. I can Search for streaming channels, and read the T&C documents but I cannot manually add new channels or run the channels that are already installed. This is regardless of whether I delete all except one app or not. Does not appear to be a space issue.

I hope that helps resolve the issue. Personally I'd be happy seeing 10.5 being put back on the live server.

0 Kudos
jed2
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

To those still waiting on a fix:

Find one of the mods and reply to their posts with the data they request: Model, Serial no. Device ID, etc.. Or private message them. It may be the fixes are individualized and address different models at a time.

@Alixoops @JasonWS 

Tags (1)
ksipe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny, 

I do not have a Zyxel router.... I have had this problem for over 3 weeks.  

Router NetGear WNDR3400v3
Firmware V1.0.1.42_1.0.68

Model 3810X - Roku StreamingStick+
Serial number YHOO1P819598
Software veresion 11.0.0 build 4184-50
Roku Support roku.com/support
DeviceID 213071819598

0 Kudos
Alixoops
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have done this twice to two seperate Roku members and getting nowhere. Contacted Support via email and they state nothing had been submitted by either of the requests. Beyond frustrating, two weeks now and absolutely done to assist or fix. Will be getting new streaming device that seems to be my only resolve. 

0 Kudos
golfanml
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ultra 4670X

Serial# YJOO4P383692

Device KW99C4383692

SOFTWARE: 11.0.0 build 4180-46

Router ASUS RT-N56U

Since I am not using a Zyxel router, I'm concerned that this is a bigger problem than you think. Again....  can't update, run channel, add channel, delete channel, Update goes 5% and stops. Same issue as many of the "small subset of users."  Also have a Streaming stick not working but I already gave you info.

I'll keep checking but I have very low exceptions after 3 weeks of this.

0 Kudos
jed2
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Try posting the information again in this thread, replying to one of Roku Danny's posts in this thread. Looking at the list of your posts, I don't see that information, fyi.

Type of device

Model no.

Serial no.

Device ID

Software version

Tags (1)
McDfam
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I have already submitted this info to Mary from Roku but you are showing up in this thread more, so here is my info:  Model 3940CA Roku Express 4K, serial number X0160078K8G8, device ID S07S5158K8G8, software version 11.0.0 build 4180-CR. Issue ID G8-167-995. Although we do have a zyxel router, it is important to not that we have another Roku, a Roku Express (not 4K) that is working perfectly off the same router. It won't let me complete the update and every channel still won't run. Very frustrating!

0 Kudos