Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melv1

itvX available in the U.S.?

Is the itvX channel available to Roku users in the U.S.?  I am using a steaming stick and it is not listing it as available channel.  Yet advertised on the Roku website.  Do I need to update my streaming stick to receive channel?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: itvX available in the U.S.?

Per the itvX Wikipedia page, the service area for itvX is "United Kingdom except northern and central Scotland (ITV1 programming)
United Kingdom (ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITVBe, CITV and licensed programming)".  There is no mention of the US.

Can you provide a link to the page where itvX is advertised on the Roku website?  I am in the US and a search for itvX on the Roku Channel Store comes up empty, although there are a number of other channels where itv is part of their name.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: itvX available in the U.S.?

@melv1 

Nowhere on the iTV Website do I see a list of the supported Roku devices. The model number of the Roku device is important for this. BBC, for instance, doesn't support (at least some) Roku devices that are not sold in the UK, even if the device if fully capable of supporting. I don't know if the iTV stance is the same as the BBC stance.

Which model number do you have? And is it sold in the UK?

Note that older devices that were previously sold in the UK may not be supported, but that would likely be a technical issue, not a bureaucratic one.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos