Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prt137
Reel Rookie

iPlayer switching to BBC One HD instead of playing BBC Wales News

I have Roku 3930X. 

Normal iPlayer behaviour at the end of the main BBC1 News program (at 13:00, 18:00 or 22:00) is to automatically switch to BBC Wales News. This is still happening on my Now TV box and my Android 12 phone, but on the Roku, for the last few weeks there has been a screen announcing BBC 1HD cannot be streamed - or words to that effect, so it is impossible to view the Wales News.

2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: iPlayer switching to BBC One HD instead of playing BBC Wales News

Hello @prt137

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

You can reach them here: iPlayer help and FAQs

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
prt137
Reel Rookie

Re: iPlayer switching to BBC One HD instead of playing BBC Wales News

Thanks Kariza.

Can you please address my point that this problem is not occurring on the iPlayer implementation on Android 12 and on a Now TV box (itself using Roku firmware). To my mind, this looks as if that this problem is specific to my Roku box.

Peter

0 Kudos