Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
austin1995
Reel Rookie

iPlayer, 4OD, ITV Hub Channels Unavailable

Hi,

About a week ago all UK based apps, BBC iPlayer, 4OD, ITV Hub, stopped working and cannot be accessed on my Roku TV. After trying to select them a message appears reading 'channel unavailable' for all three apps. Was advised to contact providers to resolve, but seems weird that all the UK apps are displaying this, whereas Netflix, Amazon and UFC are still opening and running just fine.

Have checked and there is no system update required, and each individual app has also been updated to latest available.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: iPlayer, 4OD, ITV Hub Channels Unavailable

Did you recently start using a VPN that masks your real location?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
austin1995
Reel Rookie

Nope, no changes in that regard. Still using the same Wi-Fi as before.

When I hadn't realised it was all the apps, just iPlayer, Roku had said to contact them. I guess I can contact each channel individually to try to resolve but seems odd they all went at the same time, and for it not to be an inherent Roku issue.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

You can use a website like https://www.iplocation.net/ to see where the IP number assigned by your internet provider indicates you are located.  If the indicated location does not represent your actual location, take it up with your ISP.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Feebs
Reel Rookie

Hi,

The same thing is happening on my Roku TV.

When I first set it up I could get bbciplayer, itv3 hub, channel 4&5 etc.

Now it says they're all unavailable.

I'm using WiFi from my mobile phone data, which says up address is in Sheffield.

My actual location is London.

But I don't see why should make any difference, as the channels were available when I first set up the TV and linked to my phone's wifi network.

0 Kudos
austin1995
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Managed to fix mine in the end by doing a Network Reset which essentially forgot the WiFi credentials. Then after adding in the WiFi details again all three channels worked. Not sure why this worked, or if it will for you, but worth trying!

0 Kudos
Feebs
Reel Rookie

Hiya,

How do I do a network reset?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
austin1995
Reel Rookie

Settings -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Network Connection Reset -> Reset Connection

Hope it works.

0 Kudos
Togs97

Did the network reset work for you as it didn’t for me? Wondering if you’ve fixed your apps not working? 

0 Kudos
Geo3

Just been trawling the forums as I am also suffering from this issue. All uk based streaming apps aren't working, ie iplayer and itv hub. Netflix and Disney work fine.

Followed all the advice on this thread. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos