Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crunch32
Roku Guru

can't watch anything on Grindhouse Grit2.2

When I load Grindhouse Grit 2.2 and select a problem I would like to watch it does not have a play option.

Only has a menu option. If you hit menu option it brings you back to the home page.

Was able to watch programs in the past on this channel but not anymore

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: can't watch anything on Grindhouse Grit2.2

Hello @crunch32

We appreciate your contact!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again. To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: can't watch anything on Grindhouse Grit2.2

@crunch32 

Installed this channel to test.  Looks broken.  You are correct - it is missing a button to actually launch the content.

I don't see a way to contact the developer of this channel. (Moturoais Corporation) other than some email address in their privacy policy related to INC Studios. (https://incmotionpictures.com/privacy-policy-2/).

Could be this channel is just undergoing some development or having an issue so developer simply removed the Play button temporarily. (looks like launched new version Aug.15, 2022)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Multiple Horror channels no longer working. Pulp Action, Dread TV, etc

Does anyone know what is going on with the following channels that no longer work on Roku and or state that they are "temporary off the air"? Pulp Action, Shivers TV, Dread TV, Grindhouse Grit 22, Independent INC and Free Grindhouse videos? There were another 4 or 5 that I've deleted that had the same issue but have left these ones up hoping that they would come back online. I've tried to contact a couple of these channel operators but with no response. Others have NO way of contacting them.

There have been issues with a lot of the horror channels this year. American Horror's stated their server went down. B-zone went off line and are now back but not the same as before. They have "hinted" that something happened with ROKU's end but have not expand on that.

I'm surprised that no one has commented on these channels and I find it hard to believe, I'm the only one watching them

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Multiple Horror channels no longer working. Pulp Action, Dread TV, etc

Hi @33sarge,

Thank you for posting.

Kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote. If the issue remains unresolved, we'd really recommend keeping in touch with the provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider, and they can best assist.

This support article explains why an app is no longer available on the Roku streaming device.

Feel free to let us know if you have other inquiries.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Grindhouse grit sounded familiar so I searched and found this.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/can-t-watch-anything-on-Grindhouse-Grit2-2/m-p/819244

That was over a year ago.  My guess would lead towards: It's gone.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Thank you for the update on at least one of the channels that no longer work. I tried to contact a couple of the ones that are not working and with Dread TV, I tried the "contact us" link on their page, typed up an email and hit send. Nothing happened but the dreaded (pun intended) spinning circle of death which I let go for 10 minutes with no success. It "appears" that Dread is dead as far as Roku anyway. One other - sorry forgot which one - I sent an email to last week with no response. Guess I'll just delete the rest of them this week in addition to the 4 or 5 I deleted last month.

I do know, I won't be replacing my Roku the next time it dies or won't work due to obsolescent as way too many channels that I watched are gone or having issues. With at least one of them "hinting" that Roku changed "Something" along with so MANY channels having the same issues of being temporarily off the air or the error with the "slow internet connection" leads me to believe that some of this IS on Roku

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Well Roku removed the perpetual private channels, has sunsetted at least one development system and is on version 12.5 of their OS, so I’m sure some things have changed.  Unfortunately, I think some channels are just a guy with a server and he may or may not keep up with it.  If you can’t get his contact page to work, then he may not even be alive.

The early days of Roku remind me of the early 90s when half the web pages were like:  Welcome to my home page!  My name is Jim and I like cars, gaming, and girls.  You need to set your browser exactly this wide <--------…. -------> and you have to use Mosaic 1.2825 or my awesome HTML will fail! 😀

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Strega,

Thanks for the information you provided. I agree with your statement on a lot of channels that are just fly by night but those I've mentioned have been on for years and I watched them quite a bit. It seems very odd to me that there were SO many issues this year with just the Horror channels I watch, who knows how many others have gone by the wayside. I do know that there have been other channels that have gone off the air in years past, but in most cases, they have let their fans know what happened and/or we were notified that XXX has passed away (Bizzare TV). Not like this "temporary off the air" and "slow internet".

As far as ROKU's new update, ever since they did this, now my selected channel jumps all over the place once I sign out of whatever channel I was watching. Sometimes, it goes to the home screen, others to the dang old advertisement that is on the right side of the page or others, all the way to the left. Just more bugs in Roku. AND they still haven't fixed Youtube black screen when you sign out of it.

Anyway, thanks again.

0 Kudos