Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adirondackny54
Reel Rookie

can't run channel errormessage

When I click on a channel such as Hulu, netflixs , roku channel,  or any other on my home page, I receive a message as follows: CAN'T RUN CHANNEL.   The (Hulu, netflixs, roku channel, etc) could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again. I have checked the wifi connection and all is working. I even reconnected my wifi including password.  I went to settings, system, software update, still error message, then I tried settings, systems, systems restart. I followed all directions available to do. Still the same error message. How do I correct this? I know my connection is correct with the roku as when I am on home page, I can scroll down to LIVE TV and it works fine. Help needed

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: can't run channel errormessage

Have you restarted all of your network equipment - gateway/modem/router?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
adirondackny54
Reel Rookie

yes, I have restarted all equipment

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That error message implies it's having a problem reaching the channel store server.  If you go to Streaming Channels on the Home Screen menu do you get any error messages?  Try searching for one of those channels that isn't working or try to install some other channel that looks interesting to you just to see what happens.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos