Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bull7

can't get past screen saver

I turn on my TV and it works. It comes on the Roku screen saver that scrolls across the screen. I try the remote to access and Home and it doesn't work. I know the remote is working because it can adjust volume up and down. I just can't get past the screen saver to Roku controls. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: can't get past screen saver

The Roku remotes with TV controls are two remotes in one - one for the TV and one for the Roku.  It's possible for one set of controls to work and not the other.  It sounds like your remote is not longer paired to your Roku device.  Disconnect the power to your Roku device, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote or inside the battery compartment (or press and hold both the Home and Back buttons) until the light on the remote starts flashing.  Reconnect the power to the Roku device and it should pair.  Don't assume that the batteries in the remote are good just because the TV controls work.  You may want to try new batteries before you try the pairing process.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.