Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kboise2

Youtube staying signed in

I have to keep signing in to Youtube thru Roku on my TV even tho I stay signed on with my phone and laptop. I've done all the "activate" steps but I still have to sign back in every time I go to YouTube. How do I fix this please ?

9 REPLIES 9
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Youtube staying signed in

Roku does not develop the YouTube channel. Google does. So the best place to ask is Google support. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Kboise2 

Try 1) removing the app, then 2) rebooting the Roku device (use the menu system), then 3) reinstalling the app. All three steps in that order.

If there is some stray data or some flaw in the installation, that may resolve it. Oh, and if it's a Roku TV, turning it off and on via the remote is not the same thing as a reboot. Use the menu system to reboot.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Shri

This didn't help either. I even tried a factory reset to no avail. It seems there is no help whatsoever from roku

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Shri wrote:

This didn't help either. I even tried a factory reset to no avail. It seems there is no help whatsoever from roku

But the thing is that most YouTube accounts are staying signed in. I signed into mine when I got my Roku, and it's been signed in ever since. It's never logged out. Now, I replaced the Roku on my main TV in September, meaning this one has only been logged in for seven months. But the one on the TV in the guest room has been signed in since November 2018. Never logged out.

The point is that whatever is going on with your situation is not the norm. Something very unusual is going on.

This is you first post. You've provided no information about your setup, which may lead to something.

What is your Roku model number and OS version/build? Settings > System > About

What is the YouTube app version/build?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Mammabear2020
Reel Rookie

I have exactly the same problem. For months it was fine no issues and in the last 9 months I have consistently had to re sign in every time I leave the app. Its driving me insane! Especially since I loose my phone all the time 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mammabear2020

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Mammabear2020
Reel Rookie

I have no idea what model my roku is iv had it a few years now no more than 4 years old. I have uninstalled YouTube on the roku and my phone. I have restarted and rebooted it. I have signed in Manually on the roku. I have signed in using my phone. I have to sign in using my phone every time I go onto the YouTube app on the roku. It's frustrating and annoying. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mammabear2020

Thanks for the follow up.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Llebcire
Reel Rookie

Same problem - need to login almost every time.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and rebooted the tv, haven't done a factory reset.

Model: 65S455
Hardware: G39X
Software: 11.5.0 build 4312-CG

YouTube app
Version: 2.22
Build: 110005090

-Eric