Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube App Won't Launch

Jump to solution

@MichT87 wrote:

I also am having issues with my rokutv not opening Youtube, every other app works fine. I have already did a system update, system restart, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I also did a factory setting reset and still doesn’t work. Anyone else having this problem?

Several are reporting YouTube app version 2.20 is not working on some Roku TVs, particularly 32-inch TCL models. Other sizes and other brands may be affected as well.

YouTube app version 2.21 is working on several different Roku devices. It may be that Google will need to push the update to more devices for the issue to resolve.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mmg45
Channel Surfer

Re: Trouble with YouTube App on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with my 2 TCL Tvs. I have tried everything also that was recommended. and nothing works. 

0 Kudos
DLC1992

Re: Roku does not support youtube

Jump to solution

Youtube has not worked on our Insignia Roku tv all day today.  I have done everything listed and still it is not fixed.  I checked and it is the youtube 2.20.  I tried updating and it says it is updated, but youtube does not launch.  Our living room tv is a 4K and youtube works on it.  Unfortunately, my hubby primarily watches youtube on our bedroom tv.  So, this is very frustrating.  If anyone has any new suggestions, please let me know.  I have removed and reloaded youtube.  I, also, did the long list of directions on another post.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DBDukes wrote:

@atc98092 

Perhaps the tech support person was saying that they (whether Roku or TCL) don't offer technical support for a particular app, since neither TCL nor Roku built the app. If that's what tech support was trying to communicate, that would make sense.

That is a plausible explanation. I could see the CSRs not explaining it well, too. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
tawitt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I will not watch YouTube on any other device.  I am sorry for my makers that will no longer get revenue from my watching.

0 Kudos
kuttiraja

Re: Channel doesn't load and goes to home screen

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R - I am still seeing this issue on my Roku TV. Unable to launch Youtube.  Is this issue resolved.

Note: I have performed factory reset of my TV and did system update and installed Youtube. But still it doesnt help.

Jmomo

Jump to solution

We are experiencing the same issue. Have done all recommendations with no results. 

Jump to solution

When you say crash do you mean it will show the icon pop up and load, then flash to a black screen briefly before shooting you back to the main menu? Because that’s what keeps happening to me

bughunter

Re: Channel doesn't load and goes to home screen

Jump to solution

I am having this problem with YouTube on my TCL 5143X Roku TV, software version 10.0.0:4209. It was working fine two days ago, but now it immediately returns to the home screen. I have tried all the suggestions: uninstall, reboot, reinstall, power cycle, factory reset. Nothing works.

mephits

Jump to solution

Same thing happening here. TCL Roku TV 48FS3750 running OS 10.0.0 build 4209-08 (installed 06-30-21). Attempting to launch the Youtube channel (NOT YoutubeTV!) brings up the channel icon as expected, but then crashes back to the home screen after a few seconds. No error message or other info. I've verified the OS is up to date, and removed and re-installed the Youtube channel. Nothing fixes the problem.