Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emilberger
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku does not support youtube

Jump to solution

Roku support just blew me off after trying to get help for over 2 hours.   Said to go to youtube who said it was not them sine it works with everything else. 

0 Kudos
fbicker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm happy to find out I'm not the only one with this problem. I hope they update it soon!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Emilberger wrote:

Roku support just blew me off after trying to get help for over 2 hours.   Said to go to YouTube who said it was not them since it works with everything else. 

It's Google's channel, they have functional versions on other devices. They need to push those working versions to your device. Nothing Roku can do to make that happen.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Emilberger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just got off support  tlc roku and youtube.  Support does not support youtube on this platform.  Repeat.  Support verified the don't support tlc roke tvs with youtube

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Emilberger 

I think we've confirmed it's the YouTube app version (2.20) that is the problem. Your input, as well as that of others, and the testing involved, seems to point to that. Now if Google will push an update, perhaps even updating to 2.21 (which I've confirmed works on multiple different Roku models I have) things will get back to normal.

I really think Google is the issue, as they determine what versions of their apps work on which Roku model numbers. I'm glad Roku support tried to help, but at the time, they didn't have the input from multiple users trying multiple things and reporting back. I think we've determined the cause, now we're just waiting for the fix.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

atc98092

Jump to solution

@Emilberger wrote:

Just got off support  TCL Roku and YouTube.  Support does not support YouTube on this platform.  Repeat.  Support verified the don't support TCL Roku TVs with YouTube

Sorry, that's nonsense. Someone is simply trying to get rid of you. While I have no TCL TVs, I don't believe what they say.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MichT87

Re: Youtube App Won't Launch

Jump to solution

I also am having issues with my rokutv not opening Youtube, every other app works fine. I have already did a system update, system restart, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I also did a factory setting reset and still doesn’t work. Anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@atc98092 

Perhaps the tech support person was saying that they (whether Roku or TCL) don't offer technical support for a particular app, since neither TCL nor Roku built the app. If that's what tech support was trying to communicate, that would make sense.

That would not be intended to convey that the app itself is unsupported -- think YouTube on a Roku XDS. That's unsupported. YouTube on a Roku Ultra is supported, but Roku nor TCL can offer Technical Support on the YouTube app.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
lg1222

Jump to solution

I posted a question on the Google Youtube support forum  - hopefully someone will answer

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@lg1222 wrote:

I posted a question on the Google Youtube support forum  - hopefully someone will answer

Probably not. I got a message saying 'Sorry this page is no longer available.'

Frikkin' Google.

DBDukes

0 Kudos