Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube not working on Roku TV

Jump to solution

@longobardia The agreement between Roku and Google expired several months ago for YouTube TV, and it has not been available in the channel store since that time. Regardless of who you believe in the disagreement, the YTTV channel will not be available until the two sides come to an agreement.

As a workaround, Google made YTTV available within the standard YouTube channel, so subscribers can still access the content it offers. It's on the left menu, at the bottom of the list.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Re: Roku TV: YouTube channel crashes back to the home screen

Jump to solution

I see no one is getting answers regarding YouTube not loading on Roku tv. 
please post a general response. Updating the system as you initially requested does not work. !!!!!!!!!
I have a less than year old Roku tv and it worked until this week. 

I have deleted re instated and system updated several times. Not the problem. Clearly not the only one!!!!

0 Kudos
Jrod3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The only way I was able to get mine to work again was to do a factory reset. Nothing else worked. Not just a restart, but a factory reset.

0 Kudos
Zonafires
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue which just started yesterday. YouTube looks like it's going through the bootup process then it goes back to the home screen and the tv makes a beeping sound. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled YouTube, did a system reset and updated software. NOTHING is working.

0 Kudos
Jrod3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Go into settings and then system. Go down until you see advanced system settings. Scroll down until you see factory reset. Press that. It's the only way I was able to restore mine. It will reinstall most everything as far as channels but you'll have to reenter your passwords and email and all that but, it works.

Zonafires
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks man. I'll try that tonight

0 Kudos
Ang3l

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with YouTube not loading and just going back to thebhone screen. It started after a power outage. I have followed all the steps of checking for updates and Uninstaller and reinstalling the channel, but nothing works. All the other channels are working fine. 

0 Kudos
longobardia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apparently YouTube Tv application on Roku devices no longer works. However you can access YouTube Tv via regular YouTube App. Goto 3 bars menu on the left and scroll all the way down.

Not highly publicized by YouTube.Give it try and ket us know.

0 Kudos
mp06
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

December 2021 --- This is still not working. Everything is up to date. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the youtube app 3x in the last week. It fails to launch and crashes on the "loading..." screen. The system is up to date, the app is obviously up to date because I've just re-installed it this morning. About a week or so ago, for no reason at all, it just failed to launch and hasn't worked since. All other apps work fine.-- and youtube works on other roku devices, just not on a roku tv!

0 Kudos
longobardia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Are you trying to run Youtube or YouTube Tv? If its YouTube TV the only way to run that in Roku TV gadget, is to go through regular YouTube App and then navigate to YouTube TV link on left Navigation Menu. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos