Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim109
Binge Watcher

Re: Youtube live stream doesn't work and just spins

Our roku box is an express box. We have exactly the same problem when trying to watch some live streams on youtube. Last Sunday it took about 40 times before we could join our live streamed church service.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Tim109

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on YouTube or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
iggy67
Binge Watcher

I'm having the same issue with the Youtube app, and ONLY the Youtube app. Random live streams just sit there and spin. I tryed everything mentioned in this thread to get it to work to no avail.

Have no streaming issues with other Roku channels like Pluto TV or Peacock TV.

Tryed Youtube on PC and a TCL Roku TV no issues there. The issue isn't a Youtube server issue that's ruled out. Its not my wifi or internet that's also ruled out.

The issue is with "ALL" the Roku Expresses that connects to 2.4 wifi band only. 

My Roku Express

Model 3930RW

SN: X00400TX8JNK

Software Ver. 11.0.0.Build 4193-AE

Device ID S013297X8JNK

Tim109
Binge Watcher

I was going to remove the youtube app, reset the device and reload it. However you have saved me a job. I can't believe that we're the only ones experiencing this problem. Haven't Roku got an actual Express box themselves so they could try it? After all they do make them. 

Tim109
Binge Watcher

Yes, we've noticed. It works only if you go into the youtube video numerous times. And even then I've given up a few times. 

Calibuza

Same issue here. 😞

Tim109
Binge Watcher

I wonder if Roku will actually try and sort it out. 

0 Kudos
iggy67
Binge Watcher

The only thing Youtube and Roku are doing is the "Pass the buck" game.

0 Kudos
Tim109
Binge Watcher

It doesn't sound too good. Perhaps they are short of software engineers. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tim109

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with YouTube live stream, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos