Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mathurin68
Reel Rookie

Youtube and playback speed, working on one...

Jump to solution

I have a roku in my bedroom, 3920X - Roku Premiere. This one CAN control the speed in youtube. I have another one, 3900X - Roku Express. This one CANNOT. So... everything over 3920 can control the youtube speed? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Youtube and playback speed, working on one...

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mathurin68 wrote:

So... everything over 3920 can control the youtube speed?

Not necessarily. The higher the number doesn't necessarily mean better features.

For example, my 3810 can control speed. The Streaming Stick+ (3810) is a superior device to the Express (3900) and the Premiere (3920).

So, many times the higher the better, but certainly not always.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
nocable
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

DB Dukes:

I have a 4660, s/w version 9.4.0-4210-46 and the YouTube channel I have shows Version 1.0 build 93000138 (when pressing the * button). After entering the YouTube channel, the YouTube App version is web_20210505_10_RC02.

That same app version shows on other Roku models, like the 3810, and the 3920, and shows on the YouTube LG TV app. On all of these the YouTube channel offers Playback Speed options.

But, on the 4660, as I described above, THERE IS NO PLAYBACK OPTION, even though it is the same App version web_20210505_10_RC02.

For anyone that has the 4660, and the YouTube channel loaded on it, please check and verify back here if you have the playback speed option or not, on your 4660 YouTube channel. That would be a great help.

2018 Ultra 4660
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nocable
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The update has finally arrived for my Roku 4660, and the YouTube Channel now offers playback speed control.

My Roku YouTube App version is now web_20210919_10_RC00.

The YouTube channel I have shows Version 2.21 - build 94005087 (when pressing the * button on the Roku remote).

2018 Ultra 4660
0 Kudos
Yfy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It’s not YouTube’s issue  it’s related to which Roku device and that you haven’t updated the software in months. 

0 Kudos
nocable
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I can assure that I keep my Roku and my YouTube channel updated. But in spite of that, the speed featuree had not shown up there until recently.

2018 Ultra 4660
Yfy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I meant that Roku (not you) hasn’t updated their software in months. At least not for the #Roku_3 4200X.

I too only see that youtube only recently added the tab for the playback speed in their youtube app for Roku. But based on my experience and others comments here, it doesn’t do anything on every model of Roku. 

Tsalv3

Jump to solution

This is a recent change as prior to around March 2nd i had youtube playback speed options on my 3900. What happened?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tsalv3

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve what you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos