Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jainniej

YouTubeTV still available if I get a new TV?

This might seem like a dumb question…I currently have YouTubeTV on my Roku. If I get a new TV, will there be any issue with the stations I had (such as YouTube TV)? I am aware you cannot add it to Roku anymore, thus my concern.

Thank you for your help!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: YouTubeTV still available if I get a new TV?

Looks like you can add it, to me:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/34e0b0ce5c05af0733dbcd45f1c46734/youtube-tv

They did have a dispute for awhile, but that ended quite a while back.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTubeTV still available if I get a new TV?

Your channel apps install to your Roku ACCOUNT.  They aren't tied to the Roku itself.   Any Roku linked to that Roku account gets all the channels for that account downloaded to it.  If you add a channel to your account via one Roku, it gets installed on all of them.  Likewise if you delete a channel from your account on one Roku, it gets removed from all.

If you're just moving a Roku streaming device from your old TV to your new TV, there's no issue at all.

If you're adding a new Roku device or a new Roku TV (one with Roku functionality built in) to the mix, during setup just link it to your existing Roku account and you'll get all the same channels.  Channels that require a log in may require you to log into them on the new Roku the first time you use them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos