Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoblK
Binge Watcher

YouTubeTV no longer in Dolby Digital as of 12/2/2022

Jump to solution

As of this evening, I am no longer getting YouTubeTV in Dolby Digital. I check my settings for Audio (Auto and Passthru) - nothing changed. My Home Theater receiver automatically select the best audio output.

All I get is linear PCM on every channel. Anyone else seeing this?

Roku Ultra (4800 series)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BoblK
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTubeTV no longer in Dolby Digital as of 12/2/2022

Jump to solution

I figured out the problem. I believe my HDMI wasn't syncing. Turned off the Home Theater Receiver and back on and that corrected it. Before that I went to Amazon Prime which always plays in DD+.. That was in linear PCM also. Once re-synced, everything was back to normal and plays as it should. First time that has ever happened. YouTube TV is back to Dolby Digital.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
BoblK
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTubeTV no longer in Dolby Digital as of 12/2/2022

Jump to solution

I figured out the problem. I believe my HDMI wasn't syncing. Turned off the Home Theater Receiver and back on and that corrected it. Before that I went to Amazon Prime which always plays in DD+.. That was in linear PCM also. Once re-synced, everything was back to normal and plays as it should. First time that has ever happened. YouTube TV is back to Dolby Digital.

0 Kudos